Table Lamp Electrical Fittings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayo.mick

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of turning some table lamps (have been away from turning for a few years). I have used brass lamp holders with a brass base plate before for attaching to the lamp. I want to use the ordinary plastic bulb holder BC B22 but for the life of me I can't locate a plastic base plate to push into the lamp to hold the lamp holder.

I've tried 3 local hardware stores here but no luck. I got them years ago from one of the store (I'm nearly certain) but they rang their supplier and they don't do them. Would anyone here know where I might source them? Google has let me down (so far).

Attachments

• brass base plate.jpg
    brass base plate.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 797
  • bc b22 lamp holder.jpg
    bc b22 lamp holder.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 797
phil.p":udijxrut said:
If you use them, drill out the hole slightly and epoxy them in so as not to split the wood when inserting. You can epoxy them in first and then turn the lamp if the top is required to be slim.

Great idea! When I bore the blank I can insert and glue the fitting and then remount the blank. Brilliant stuff guys, thanks a million!

Latest posts

Back