Table Clamps needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Hydlemans, the Bessey importer on 01756 798625

Thanks guys.

I tried Hydlemans, and they were not that helpful. They could give me a list of Bessey retailers but couldn't tell me who stocks the clamp or UK prices. So I'll have to ring around for stockist and prices.

The Trend one is OK, but the pin is 9mm and I need 8mm or smaller, and at £11 each they are a bit expensive.

I am looking for these or something similar for a project I am working on to make a router table and fence and am looking for a suitable clamping method for the fence which is easy to implement and will clamp securely.

I have suppliers for the phonelic coated top, a strong aluminium frame to support it, to keep it flat and secure it to legs, and the fence material for making a split fence, all for less than £70, it is just the clamps that are causing me a problem at the moment.

I think I saw something similar on the Festool stand at W6. If you're feeling rich you could try them :lol:

Pewe,

If you are really stuck, and you don't need it to be too posh, you could possibly make up one by getting one of those cheapo fretwork clamps, cutting off the foot of the 'L' piece, and use a piece of threaded rod of the diameter you need for the pin, secured with a couple of nuts and washers :wink:

Paul

Thanks Nick - I'll have a look.

Paul
those cheapo fretwork

Not exactly clear on what you are referring to here. Do you have a link to some?

Another thought, Pewe :idea: I have an Elu small router table that was made to use with the Elu MOF96. It's still made by DeWalt - I think the part number is DE6900 (got that from an old post by Steve Maskery who had one for sale). That came with two clamps almost identical to the Trend ones I suggested earlier. Just checked mine and the pin on them is 8mm so they would work :D You could try 'phoning DeWalt and see if they supply the clamps as a spare part.

Hope this helps :wink:

Paul

Back