Festool CXS 12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
My old faithful Festool CXS 10.8 has died, I've had it years and used it daily so not complaining.

I need to replace it and not sure if to get the same again while there are still some available or go for the new 12v model.

Thing that's putting me off the new one is a lot of reviews comment on how loud it is, I know the modern brushless drills do make a loud shrill noise compared to the older brushed ones but this seems to be mentioned a lot about the new CXS.

Unfortunately here are no stockists near me so I can't try one out, has anyone got one or used one and found it rudely loud?

I have the TXS and have had it for over 5 years. I use it for 99% of my daily screwdriving needs. I prefer the TXS shape to the CXS and would definitely buy another TXS if mine packed up for good tomorrow.

My old faithful Festool CXS 10.8 has died, I've had it years and used it daily so not complaining.

I need to replace it and not sure if to get the same again while there are still some available or go for the new 12v model.

Thing that's putting me off the new one is a lot of reviews comment on how loud it is, I know the modern brushless drills do make a loud shrill noise compared to the older brushed ones but this seems to be mentioned a lot about the new CXS.

Unfortunately here are no stockists near me so I can't try one out, has anyone got one or used one and found it rudely loud?
Yes Doug there is a new 10v on ebay at the moment at around £200 bid , I think they are now charging around £300 with the dealers, I am in the same boat as you but I will not pay £300 for a Festool that was a lot less a couple of months ago and will probably go down the Mafell road similar price .

Yes Doug there is a new 10v on ebay at the moment at around £200 bid , I think they are now charging around £300 with the dealers, I am in the same boat as you but I will not pay £300 for a Festool that was a lot less a couple of months ago and will probably go down the Mafell road similar price .
I stand corrected £240 with screwfix

If the new txs12 has the same type of motor as my t18, I wouldn't worry. Quiter than my Milwaukee and makitas, and just nicer generally.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the modern festool drills

If the new txs12 has the same type of motor as my t18, I wouldn't worry. Quiter than my Milwaukee and makitas, and just nicer generally.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the modern festool drills

I have a T18 and it is a very quiet, smooth drill but the new CXS and TXS range use the more common noisier motors, the CXS 12 specs say it's 86dB which is ear defender territory!

Screwfix -£240 with extra attachments - right angle/short/chuck
https://www.screwfix.com/p/festool-...Vn4pQBh0LgwpYEAQYBCABEgL3MfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
or the basic 12v £235 from N&B
https://www.powertool-supplies.co.u...MI0Kae0a_vgwMVn4pQBh0LgwpYEAQYAyABEgL61_D_BwE
I appreciate you cant try it out, but its not going to be doing anything unexpected.

Back