Sycamore Chalice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Mooney

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I made this medieval chalice from rippled Sycamore. It is approx 200mm high x 80mm diameter & finished in laquer & wax polish.

Chalice2.jpg

Chalice1.jpg

Nice one Bill.

I can imagine drinking from it as I chew on a chicken leg and throw the scraps to the surfs.

Great detail, great finish

Welcome to the forum:

Like the very sharp detail Bill, stem's a little chunky for my preference but Mark has set the scene that fits it well.

really like the shape of the chalice, but as has been mentioned i also find the middle of the stem a little chunky.
Just my own view..

Definitely go that medieaval look. If you do another one round off the bead in the middle of the stem and it would be spot on. Also easier to turn than a square on like that.

If you want to drink from it give it 1/2 a dozen coats of melamine finish inside. I gave one to my son -in-law 2 christmases ago and he's been drinking lager from it since and it is still fine.
Just a quick swill under th tap afterwards
pete

hi all,
Thanks for the nice comments much appreciated.
The chalice was made from a photo of a medieval chalice so the stem is ok this size as is the centre piece of the stem.

Regards,
Bill

Excellent looking chalice Bill, nice and chunky. 8)
Also welcome to the forum marra. :)

mark sanger":2ff07grp said:
Nice one Bill.

I can imagine drinking from it as I chew on a chicken leg and throw the scraps to the surfs.

Great detail, great finish

I had this wonderful mental image of you throwing scraps to smurfs for a minuite mark - until i realised you meant serfs :D

Back