SXE 450 Vs Dewalt D26410

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick

Established Member
Reaction score
These two sander have identical specs and look very similar. Does anyone know if the DeWalt is a Metabo in drag? The Metabos are all German made, does anyone have a Dewalt D26410 with made in Germany on it? More likely to be PRC I suspect. I hear the Metabo is fantastic and can't imagine the DeWalt to be too different in performance. Does anyone know how they are toe to toe or disc to disc should I say.

Scrit would be the man to confirm where they are made, he must be busy not seen many posts from him this week.

BTW i've got the metabo.

Jason

Had a look at your site Jason, reallly nice work. Soon to train as a cabinet maker myself. Been hearing a lot of doom and gloom about the hardships of being one, so the picture of the scooby kind of cheered me up :lol: I take it is yours :?

It is the same machine and it is also the Mafell one as well. The metabo is usually a bit cheaper. I have one and it is a great sander, try to get it in a systainer box and then it will lock on to other systainer boxes and it will keep all your sanding discs nicely organised. Cheers Kevin.

Yep, it's the same machine, metabo make it in a yellow dress for dewalt, while dewalt make a breaker for metabo.

Matt.

Wish I had other systainers to lock onto Kevin.(':cry:')
Thanks for the replies, I have seen some reconditioned and second hand Dewalts on ebay that have been catching my eye recently. Shame I missed the screwfix offer a while back, they punted off a few at 75 quid each!

Patrick.

Back