swinging cradle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herriott67

Reaction score
i have just finished building a swinging baby cradle but i cant find the right hardware to make it swing does anybody know where i could get some pivot pins or special bearing etc

Some years ago, my friend Brian and I made this for his twin grandchildren. They are now teenagers...
twin_cradle.jpg

We didn't use any hardware, just an oak peg resting in a notch.
S

thanks for the pic it looks great but i think i need some kind of fixing as one of the uprights on the frame is twisted so i will need something that will tighten to straighten the twist

You could probably use a coachbolt at each end with the nut sunk into a counterbored hole made big enough to get a box spanner or slim socket in - but some pictures of what you have built so far would help.

I have a cradle I got from a boat-builder in Oban. He's used brass rod, a brass knob and 2 marine brass eyelets:
boat1.jpg

Quite easy to fabricate I think and parts are reasonable, also you can easily lift the boat/cradle off its hooks. Yacht chandlers would have the eyelets, the rest is ebay or hardware stores I expect.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 98
here is the pic the top of the curved panel will go flush with the top of the frame

Attachments

• cradle pic.jpg
    cradle pic.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 88
Ah yes, no clearance. Forgive me but it's really nicely designed and made... how the oversight?
A shame to resort to coach-bolts I feel as it is a very nice piece. With a little hunting, some brass or bronze bar and bushes to fit. Bushes into cradle, bar through frame, fixed in some way but removable to extract the cradle. That's roughly the way I would go I think.

Back