Sweeper advise / which one help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a sweeper for a long entrance way that’s sided by trees and is an 11 degree slope. It’s around 3/4 km long and gets covered in leaves, pine cones, pine needles and the usual rubbish. I was wondering if a Green Machine 400 series would be suitable. Looking at secondhand not new. Seems to be a few 414’s around for sale. Anyone got one, any insights to what look out for in terms of wear, will it pickup the rubbish I want to collect?
Any other machines worth considering?

I’ve bought a 400 series Green Machine, secondhand. Anyone have a copy of the service manual they could let me have a copy of?

IMG_2931.jpeg

Well, this is my best guess, but I haven’t a clue, so when you’re focused on where you’re going and without getting distracted you can check what is behind you. They are usually used for sweeping roads, car parks, large urban areas where the public are at large!

It has a diesel engine and water injection at both the brushes and on the internal chute to reduce dust for the operator, weight is a little under 0.5 tonnes. I’d like to give the engine and the hydraulics a full service before it gets any action.

Occasionally see council owned ones road registered so that may explain the mirrors and lights.

Certainly beats a Billy Goat!

Occasionally see council owned ones road registered so that may explain the mirrors and lights.

Certainly beats a Billy Goat!
Believe it or not, it was cheaper than a decent secondhand Billy Goat!

Searching internet for green machines series 400 workshop manual brings about a host of links to operator manual downloads plus a couple of service manuals at $30.

@MorrisWoodman12 thanks for taking the time to search. I did the same, and couldn’t find anything. I’ve downloaded the user manual and parts manual but couldn’t find a workshop manual. could I trouble you to post a link of anything you’ve found, I’d be really grateful.

Thats what my wife said! Might need to upgrade, but we shall see.
Many years ago we had a two wheeled platform that was attached to the back of the pushchair for a toddler to stand on. It was called a Buggy Board IIRC.
I’m sure a man of your creativeness could come up with something similar. 🤔

A variety of the sweeper I’ve bought has a pull out seat, so it’s a good idea to add a connected seat…Im sure I could create something….wifey is the ‘tread head’ in our family and she wanted a street legal one with a cab, air con, sound system, heated seat…..you get the gist 😂😂
It seems a bit crazy, but secondhand the street legal green machines are not that much money, about the same as a new Billy Goat for one that needs a little TLC. However they have a hydraulic lifting back to discharge the rubbish rather than conveniently blowing it into a standard 30L black bin bag.

The one I’ve bought will need to go worst case twice up and down so about 2.5 miles. Not too bad as I try to walk over 5 miles every day.

Attachments

• 400_green_machines__brochure_(english_aus).pdf
    792.6 KB · Views: 0
Well, sometimes great service from a company catches you by surprise! I’d expected that to get a copy of the Workshop manual from the manufacturer would be the usual eye watering price. But, a couple of days ago I had requested a price.…..assuming I’d be flabbergasted….anyway, this morning, lying in my email in tray was a copy of the manual, free, gratis, wow!

I attach a copy, not because I’m sure people will be running out to buy a machine for its intended use, but, there are a number of these machine out there very cheap. They have a diesel engine and a hydraulic pack In them, which could well be very useful for projects. they are a cheap source if you need a small engine.

Attachments

• Green Machine Workshop Manual.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back