Supplier of joinery timber in South / West Wales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shed9

establiSHED member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good supplier of a decent range of high grade woods in South West Wales? I'm looking for someone with good stock but also able to deal with requests.

Any help or advice appreciated.

TW Timber in Bridgend have always been good, they have limited stocks though so it depends on what you are after.

Unfortunately a really good local supplier has just gone into administration, they were quite small and only kept sheet material and soft woods in stock, but they were very nice to deal with and were good on prices.

I didn't realize that nottage joinery sold timber. I may end up having to pop in there on my way to work one morning haha!

Cheers Flat n Smooth and Bern, will look them up and try to get down, I'm up and down the M4 several times a month.

Adam, I'm kind of North East of Carmarthen and about 40-50 minutes North of Swansea - if that makes sense. Do you have any local suppliers?

Just saw your reply after typing my own Adam.

I think I know of the local supplier you refer to, I did wonder what happened to them.

Now there is a chap down pembrokeshire called Celtic Timber (I think), they stock mainly oak.

There is also a sawmill down Whitland way which is meant to be very cheap and good quality, but I have not been able to find out any more info.

I know someone down Whitland way that may know more on that one. If I find out more I'll update this thread.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Berncarpenter":2mbh4eap said:
More South east Wales but http://www.wentwoodtimbercentre.co.uk have a good selection of home grown air dried timber. Nottage Joinery is just up the road from me and they stock mostly American timber Ash, White Oak, Popular, Iroko, Sapele

Cheers Bern :D

I bought some great beech from Wentwood couple weeks ago - Gavin is very helpful and they have goods stocks.

Again not in your area but Monmouthshire Timber Supplies in Newport seem to have a good range and do sheet material as well.
I have used Nottage in the past but not for some time. Always found them helpful but maybe limited stock.

hi i popped to nottage timber last week very limited supply in fact they told me if theres anything i wanted in particular it would need to be ordered in . i had a piece of european beech 200 by 50 3 metres long and with the vat it was £36 not much in the way of offcuts there either

williams1185 - That works out at £1,200 per m3, not sure how this compares to other suppliers?

thats roughly the price per cu metre thats the problem with buying in small quantitys they get the bulk discounts and sell for full blown retail all the big boys do it bought some hardwood in hancock and brown wasnt a great a quantity that was expensive all they,re stuff is par unless you buy a cubic metre the big merchants dont want to know

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I have used H&B for decking and softwood and have always found them reasonable.

Going back to the topic, I think the place in Whitland is:

http://dickmans-timber.co.uk/

Another place that I find useful is Jewsons, my local branch stocks Ash, Oak, Sapele & Iroko

Latest posts

Back