Study

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Study, from customers design. All pre cut including shelves and library strip cut outs. 22 mrmdf finished in Farrow and Ball (customers choice)

Have I put too many pics in!!!

Excellent work, do the shelves have backs and if so how have you fixed them there does not appear to be grooves for backs in the shelve sides

Thanks

No backs to the unit, wall just painted the same colour. Shelves are about 300mm deep and 800mm wide.

+1 for shelves sinking, especially if they're MDF and not supported at the back. I suppose they can turn them over every 6 months or so. Looks good, though.

My wife would love that room, it's how she wants me to do her office . How did you affix the verticals to the walls

Yep, very nice.

Also interested in the F&B paint - did you brush it on? I can't seem to get on with the new water based stuff.

Ever so sorry but I can't remember shade of paint! However I rolled it on with a mini roller... Took for ever! Set one of the shelf areas up as a make shift drying rack, that seemed to work well.

The uprights have an 'L' bracket at the top behind the coving line and one below the skirting line, the rest is up to gravity.

During installation etc, I was subbing to a very small construction firm. If I did them now (self employed) I would have sprayed everything first then delivered and installed.

Latest posts

Back