Stiff record sc1 chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsutton29

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone got a record power sc1 chuck. I bought a sc1 chuck a couple of weeks ago from snainton for smaller work. I’m finding that it’s so stiff and tight to open and close the jaws. It also doesn’t completely seat on the spindle, I have to use a shim. Are they all like that or have I got a dud?

I've had the SC2 for a few months, which works perfectly. I think the SC1 uses an insert, have you tested the insert on the spindle without the chuck so you can check exactly what the problem is? Worth a call to Snainton as it's so new.

Yes just checked it against the insert from my sc4 as they are the same inserts and it’s the sc1 insert that’s the problem with seating. It’s still awfully stiff opening and closing though. Think I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks

Matt,
Any luck with Snainton’s? I’d be very surprised if they haven’t been able to help. I’ve always had great service from them. It’s a pity they are closing down soon.
D.

Yes sad day when they close for good. They were great. Got hold of record and new chuck arrives today 🤞🏻top marks for snainton customer service

Latest posts

Back