Steve's workshop - Painting the outside walls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found this is so very interesting, seeing all the pics and accompanying explanations makes it the first thread I look at when I log in.
In a way it will be sad when it's all finished Steve, although I don't suppose you'll be sorry.

pcb1962":12yiqy45 said:
Myfordman":12yiqy45 said:
OWL, If you like workshop build topics then there is another excellent one from Mike Garnham, late of this parish here:-
http://www.thewoodhaven2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=198
MM

And there's an awesome workshop build currently giong on in Canada here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/lgosseuxdbois/videos

I've been following Alain's build and have to agree it is awesome. He even built a crane to lift the roof timbers into place! Well worth a look for anyone who has not seen it.

regards

Brian

pcb1962":kstp9x0y said:
Myfordman":kstp9x0y said:
OWL, If you like workshop build topics then there is another excellent one from Mike Garnham, late of this parish here:-
http://www.thewoodhaven2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=198
MM

And there's an awesome workshop build currently giong on in Canada here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/lgosseuxdbois/videos

Wow ! that's one heck of a build and an awful lot of material being used. I must continue watching that series tonight.

Apologies to Steve for highjacking his topic.

regards
Brian

A quick report today.
Ray has continued on the roof. He has covered almost a quarter the back now. Once he gets the first diagonal row up to the ridge it should go a lot quicker.
Meanwhile I've been cutting insulation. Jen started it on Sunday and today I have completed the top row of one wall.
P1020957.JPG

But a couple of downers today. Three actually, but only one of them is build-related. My neighbour at the bottom has had a fence erected, and although one end is nearly right, the RH end is about 15" over to me. That means there is now less than a metre between the fence and my workshop. It all went up yesterday when I was at the community workshop. Until now we have got on OK, but when I pointed this out I was told I was being "picky". I hate, hate, hate conflict and it's made me feel quite troubled all day.
S

Attachments

• P1020957.JPG
    P1020957.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 1,516
I would think with the number of witnesses you have who have worked onsite , you should have no trouble convincing any who might ask that you were in compliance and the fence just suddenly "appeared" , that is should you need to explain to anyone how this came to pass.
Conflict is always upsetting , but is a natural part of interacting with others I'm afraid. For me a little light reading and a cuppa helps a good deal. We each have our own methods of getting on.

I'm sure with all the photo's you have taken you would have all the evidence you would need if anything was said

Steve

Is the concern that your build might now be in breach of planning regs, or that he's impinged on your land by 15"? If it's the latter then picky or otherwise, he's built a fence on your land and as such it needs to be moved to match the land registry boundaries...

Cheers
Mark

The BCO had already inspected the site anyway so I wouldn't have thought they'd be that picky. Glad it's being sorted anyway!

Steve Maskery":hd29oqsc said:
A little, yesterday, but today it's been only an exchange of voicemails. I think all shall be OK.

Steve two points first keep the voicemail preferably on your computer and make a transcript and date it. Second if you have his email address send him a very polite email thanking him for agreeing to reinstate the boundary. Obviously if the reinstatement is done, no problem but just in case.

PS the shed is looking great.

PAC1":ip44u2nn said:
Steve two points first keep the voicemail preferably on your computer and make a transcript and date it. Second if you have his email address send him a very polite email thanking him for agreeing to reinstate the boundary. Obviously if the reinstatement is done, no problem but just in case.

And if you have any more issues with fences or boundaries the forums at gardenlaw.co.uk ( http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php ) are full of good information and advice.

I'm fine, thank you for your concern.

I wasn't very well last week and this week I've been working on other projects (one is helping Therese to get her shed finished - we've been OSBing the roof today ready for the rubber roof man tomorrow) and they have had to take priority.
Ray is coming on Friday and we should get more of the roof done then. I have stuffed in a little bit more insulation and have drilled holes for the electrics, but it's not much and that is all since the last time.
I have a wholesale DVD order to fulfill, which is going to take me a few days, but I have a couple of guys coming to help me next week so I hope to start making progress again then.

I've not dropped off my perch. Not quite yet.
S

Latest posts

Back