Steve Maskery The Complete Bandsaw Workshop Essentials 4+5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,
For what it is worth, I think you should maintain your independence and not do a deal with anyone with regards to your current crop of DVD's.

The paperwork on the Intellectual Property issues will kill you to start with and then when you see the cavalier way dealers deal with the Record DVD's and at the same time they bill it as an item with 18 quid: why would your ones be dealt with any differently.

It they want to have you do a DVD for their own products then that is a different exercise that must be ring fenced from your own work

C
Thank you for that. I have to say I think I broadly agree. There is one company who said they would sell my stuff on Amazon. Six months after handing over the first batch I have yet to receive a single penny.

I did have one person whose business model consisted of me handing over all rights (give, not sell) and he would then duplicate and market them, giving me £1 for each DVD sold.

Hmm tempting - not.

I subsidise every single customer to a considerable tune, but most of that cost was in the initial setup. I just need to reach the age of 70 or so to start to see a return on my investment. Perhaps this is my Pension! :)

It would be funny if it were not so financially disastrous. Still we creative types have it in us. Will out, eh?

The garret awaits.
S

I've been dealt with very well, if a little hurriedly, by Alan, their tech guru, who knows everything....

Yup...that's Alan...a binkin' helpful bloke...without whom I would not have ever got my TS2010 working!

I would stick with your word of mouth marketing...and viral stuff...I am sure they will catch on big time soon and then sales would expand exponentially.

Jim

Latest posts

Back