Stattrite table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunstall

Reaction score
I have a startrite145 table saw and have a problem with the tilt ambor
adjustment being very stiff to operate. Any advice please.

Based on APRON BLADE HEIGHT TILT MECHANISM - Machine Spares it looks similar to the 175 mechanism (of which I've rebuilt a few). The universal joint could be failing, the nut/feedscrew could need lubricating (or could be clogged with a mix of saw dust and grease), or the half circle section on which the shoes ride could be clogged/jammed/damaged.

They're not actually that hard to take apart, and it's well worth doing some maintenance.

A full manual is also available here: Startrite Saw Spares and Handbooks | Sharktooling | Spare Band and Circular Saw Blades and Cutting Fluids

Based on APRON BLADE HEIGHT TILT MECHANISM - Machine Spares it looks similar to the 175 mechanism (of which I've rebuilt a few). The universal joint could be failing, the nut/feedscrew could need lubricating (or could be clogged with a mix of saw dust and grease), or the half circle section on which the shoes ride could be clogged/jammed/damaged.

They're not actually that hard to take apart, and it's well worth doing some maintenance.

A full manual is also available here: Startrite Saw Spares and Handbooks | Sharktooling | Spare Band and Circular Saw Blades and Cutting Fluids
I'll check the joints and half circle many thanks

Back