Startrite 352 spares

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
Need blade guides for an old 352. Where to find them?
I could get local engineer to make me a set but he aint cheap and i want them now.
Just the solid block design, nothing fancy.

Last edited:
Need blade guides for an old 352. Where to find them?
I could get local engineer to make me a set but he aint cheap and i want them now.
Just the solid block design, nothing fancy.
Make your own from some Lig Vi Jacob, it works very well. If you don't have any you can get a pen blank for 2 or 3 quid. If it's the rear guides the 10mm tungston rod is available on ebay.

Make your own from some Lig Vi Jacob, it works very well. If you don't have any you can get a pen blank for 2 or 3 quid. If it's the rear guides the 10mm tungston rod is available on ebay.
Oh right that sounds a good idea! Where do I get Lignum Vitae from I've never bought any? The rods behind are OK with TC tips it's just the 4 side guides.
Thanks for that.

Do a search for Lignum Vitae pen blanks and you'll find plenty, some sellers only sell multiple packs though. Last time I was in the warehouse Vince at The Turners workshop had stock though he doesn't list them.
As John said, if you can get hold of an old bowling ball you'll have enough to last for life. Make sure it is wood though as the old rubber and modern plastics are useless. Boot sale or put a wanted add on your local facebook might well be successful.

PM me if you're stuck.

Do a search for Lignum Vitae pen blanks and you'll find plenty, some sellers only sell multiple packs though. Last time I was in the warehouse Vince at The Turners workshop had stock though he doesn't list them.
As John said, if you can get hold of an old bowling ball you'll have enough to last for life. Make sure it is wood though as the old rubber and modern plastics are useless. Boot sale or put a wanted add on your local facebook might well be successful.

PM me if you're stuck.
Thanks for that Lons.
Found a supplier but £19 each x 4! 352 UPPER WITH FOOTBRAKE - Machine Spares
Checking out bowls on ebay.
Might have a trial run with some beech I've got.

Last edited:
Sent me the sizes & I’ll make a couple & drop them over, I’ve just made a couple of Lignum Vitae ones for my own bandsaw
Cheers thanks for that Doug. I'll get back to you but thought I'd have a go with some beech and see how it performs, when I get around to it.

The beech won't work properly Jacob, the benefit of using lig vi isn't just it's density but because it's an oily wood so you'll be wasting your time really. If the blade rubs against the beech guides you're likely to see a bit of smoke. ;)

Back