Itech BS431

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Brazier

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have an opportunity to buy an Itech BS431 2010 bandsaw cuts max 300mm in depth which would be nice

Blank attachment is a video of it working , what do you think ??

Can’t find anything on line re them , I’ve been sent a video of the saw which seems fine

I’m not 100% on how the guides work , there is a blade guard which has been removed

Any thoughts on them it’s about £500 v say a Charnwood W730 for £590 9” depth of cut new form Yandles

Or wait for a Startrite 352 which al seem miles away from me in Cambridgeshire

Attachments

• IMG_3590.MOV
    2.4 MB
  • 196C2DC7-DF5C-4A81-968D-2FA24CCC352C.png
    196C2DC7-DF5C-4A81-968D-2FA24CCC352C.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 10DDCC5C-BBAC-4204-9408-DBF734EDD13F.png
    10DDCC5C-BBAC-4204-9408-DBF734EDD13F.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You want to hear what a rough saw sounds like for a laugh..
Setup real good, but wheel bearing loose in bore, in the front now,
I did a bodge job on the rear side of the wheel.

That's a much better machine than the others, and it looks new, so on price it looks not a bad deal to me, i.e you'd be waiting if you wanted better value.
Remove the table before moving it.

Good luck,
Tom

Thank you for the reply , must be my ears sounded fine LOL

That's a much better machine than the others, and it looks new, so on price it looks not a bad deal to me, i.e you'd be waiting if you wanted better value.

Good luck,
Tom

Yesssss picked the bandsaw up today , was in great condition very happy got x4 blades and a UJK bandsaw buddy and he threw in a log cutting jig made of birch ply prob £100 in wood just in that LOL

Good luck,
Tom

Congrats on the new machine, although ya'know this is very close breaking the internet rules of tool acquisition, as a true gloat post must include foggy picture of machine in its newly specified location! :)

Looks near identical to the Axi machine @Fitzroy recently bought, which was basically donated,
prices like that only likely cheap if your there already.
He seems to be having fun with his.

The only difference I can make out is the table on yours is a bit smaller.
I think I'd make a wing for it myself, perhaps a little inspiration from Jack Forsberg's Wadkin temple might give some ideas, if you've seen the rosewood abutments on his PK.

Best of luck with it.
Tom

Lol it wasn’t meant to be a gloat post LOL I was looking to see if anyone had one but yes y not we all love a new toy and I’m always happy for others with new toys

Yea table a tad small so May add a table but in a single garage it may be ok for me at the moment

Pic as requested while putting it together , lots of re jigging to do to make a new home

Congrats on the new machine, although ya'know this is very close breaking the internet rules of tool acquisition, as a true gloat post must include foggy picture of machine in its newly specified location! :)

Looks near identical to the Axi machine @Fitzroy recently bought, which was basically donated,
prices like that only likely cheap if your there already.
He seems to be having fun with his.

The only difference I can make out is the table on yours is a bit smaller.
I think I'd make a wing for it myself, perhaps a little inspiration from Jack Forsberg's Wadkin temple might give some ideas, if you've seen the rosewood abutments on his PK.

Best of luck with it.
Tom

Last edited:
Sshhh!

It is similar to the Axi Plus SBW4300 which I have just acquired and am in love with. Differences I can see (hear) are blade guides are different and also when you turn it off it does not have an electric brake that turns all rotational energy into noise!

I found the machine easy to set up and it's cutting very straight. Just tying to think of something that is worth sharing on the machine as a tip etc, and honestly nothing, which is a good sign.

Fitz

Last edited:
Yea table a tad small so May add a table but in a single garage it may be ok for me at the moment
My suggestion was merely nitpicking here, and was referring to the inside of the table,
for a good spot to store goodies like pushsticks and whatnot.
A removable (for negative tilting) timber wing, might look nicer than the sheet metal bolt on like whats on my machine.
I suppose you just get used to the look of sensible abutments.

Jack has some videos of the likes, not on any bandsaws, but for his tablesaws he has,
might it inspire.

I found the machine easy to set up and it's cutting very straight. Just tying to think of something that is worth sharing on the machine as a tip etc, and honestly nothing, which is a good sign.
That's saying something in my opinion.
The wheels appear very tidy to me, should they be the same, the face/lip of them look to have been machined nicely, should it be the case, makes for less things to go wrong IMO.

I believe MikeG over on the other place has one also, and seems to have had no issues either,
apart from a "catastrophic tire failure" which is worth noting to look for,
though not sure if he reckoned they were perished or whatever?

All the best with your new machines.
Good luck to ye

Tom

Latest posts

Back