Startrite 352 bandsaw switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy48

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can obtain a danfoss switch for a startrite 352 bandsaw. Unfortunately the switch details are illegible on the switch its self :(

I had to replace mine a while ago and then sold the 352.

If you can make out the description and part numbers of the saw there is a ready supply of replacement parts. I recall mine was made by ABB and obtained from ebay.

Altsaws are good but expensive.

Al

Which model of 352 have you got? If it's a later one with electronic interlocks, and an external switch, you can replace that with any appropriately rated NVR switch (the motor is usually 1hp). On the other hand, if it's the earlier model with the mechanical interlocks and the switch inside the column, AFAIK, only the Danfoss switch will fit. Somewhere, pretty sure I've got the part number for this if you need it.

dickm":1f8f19zj said:
Which model of 352 have you got? If it's a later one with electronic interlocks, and an external switch, you can replace that with any appropriately rated NVR switch (the motor is usually 1hp). On the other hand, if it's the earlier model with the mechanical interlocks and the switch inside the column, AFAIK, only the Danfoss switch will fit. Somewhere, pretty sure I've got the part number for this if you need it.

its the earlier model with the switch unit in the column. i would be very gratefull if you have the part number :D

I've got a Startrite 352, about 20 years old, with the switch arrangement in the column - vintage '600 Group' ownership.

There's no other model numbers on it except a serial number on the back plate.
However, I do have the owners manual that came with it as a PDF. It has part numbers in the back and you are welcome to it if you send me your e mail. It's about 1.3 mb.

All best

Argus":26qzt5re said:

I've got a Startrite 352, about 20 years old, with the switch arrangement in the column - vintage '600 Group' ownership.

There's no other model numbers on it except a serial number on the back plate.
However, I do have the owners manual that came with it as a PDF. It has part numbers in the back and you are welcome to it if you send me your e mail. It's about 1.3 mb.

All best
That would be grate thank you very much alexdiy(at)hotmail(dot)com . if you replace the (at) with an amphasand as it wont allow me to post. Once again many thanks Chris

You should be able to pm after 3 posts..

Hope the manual helps.

Be careful with the wiring diagrams in the manual as the model I have differs in some details from the diagram in the manual even though they were suplied together.

Before you move any wires - take a photo, mark the wires and write down the details.

According to my Startrite manual, the overload unit is T16 47 LO 109 and the contactor is C10 37 BO 170. HOwever, it's not entirely clear in some cases whether the 0 is a zero or capital-O.
Cross referencing with a Danfoss catalogue from some 6 or 7 years ago suggests that the items were then code no 047H0207 and 037H0015. But to confuse things even further, the catalogue is filed with a printout of an email from Danfoss saying "I'm not sure about which item you need". The email does suggest the name of a colleague to contact, and a phone number which I could pm to you.
It looks as if Newey and Eyre are the national distributors for Danfoss, if those are the right numbers.

Pretty sure that in the end, my replacement switch came from alt.saws, as suggested above, because of the uncertainty. This was compounded by my changing the motor from three phase to single phase.

Sorry if this doesn't help!

Back