Startrite 255sp or 300sp help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave-Jeffo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just managed to acquire my first decent table saw. Before I start to clean it up and getting it running nicely, im after a bit of information.

The saw runs fine but I'm aware there is quite a few parts missing. So if anyone has access to a manual or has pictures of a complete one for me that would be perfect.
I'm also struggling to identify the model. I'm guessing it should be running a 10" blade because of the motor size (1.5kw) if someone could verify this for me that would also be great .

Once I know what parts I need, where is the best place to get them from?

Thank in advance Dave.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 143
Thanks for the reply and link mat. I've already had a brief look at the site, it looks great. but wasn't sure on my model to look into depth.

Sorry about the rubbish pictures I had to lower the res as the file was too large.
The plate says -
Serial no. 104230
Volts 240v
Phase 1
kW 1.5

No saw blade of less than 152mm dia to be in this machine

(Then it has stamped on the bottom) 5498

Hope this helps, thanks Dave

I've read that ALT, are very good to deal with and on contacting them with you're numbers, they will tell you the year and model, etc.
Regards Rodders

blackrodd":1rpkzqde said:
I've read that ALT, are very good to deal with and on contacting them with you're numbers, they will tell you the year and model, etc.
Regards Rodders

Thank you very much!
looks like it's a job for Monday then.

Thank you to everyone that has commented! I have now managed to windle the model down to two. 255sp or a 300sp. Unfortunately the standard parts I need are no longer available. So I'm on to the case of sourcing some retro fitting parts.
Let's see how this goes.
Cheers Dave

blackrodd":mrrmcr8f said:
If you really get fed up, this link is to the startrite posts on this site and seem to have some information on parts, handbooks etc, on various models. and just may be of use to you.
Regards Rodders

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/search?cx=0 ... &sa=Search

There's quite a bit!

Brilliant, thank you very much!
Cheers Dave

I can't find any free startrite manuals, but I've just found these people that have many older manuals for allsorts,--
When you are sure of the exact model, and you can't get a free manual contact these people, there's some pages to
look through, and several startrite models,in the ess's, (Startrite) planers saws etc.
Regards Rodders.

http://www.rondean.co.uk/images/MANUALS ... n-2013.pdf

blackrodd":1geyaict said:
I can't find any free startrite manuals, but I've just found these people that have many older manuals for allsorts,--
When you are sure of the exact model, and you can't get a free manual contact these people, there's some pages to
look through, and several startrite models,in the ess's, (Startrite) planers saws etc.
Regards Rodders.

http://www.rondean.co.uk/images/MANUALS ... n-2013.pdf

Thanks, I shall look into that.

Latest posts

Back