Starting to get ready for Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenfield Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Like every year I'm getting ready for the Holidays.
I give about 100 ornaments to family and friends every year.
Here are a few that I have cut sofar.

Bob

277269389.jpg

You've been busy, Bob :) . I'm sure those will be very well received by their recipients. Are they all cut out of different hardwoods or out of one type of wood, then stained?

I must confess, I've already cut my fist decorations too :oops: , more pine compound cut tree baubles like those I cut from ash a couple of years ago. The pine looks okay but it'll need staining.

Some scrollers in the US have a Christmas decoration exchange with every scroller in the programme sending each other a decoration they've made. I wonder if a similar venture would be popular here. Now would be the time time to plan it.

Gill

For the first time ever, I've actually started xmas items early instead of the last minute rush. Mind you I have only cut them out I still have to get to the finishing stage..........don't want to rush into xmas like the shops do, still want to sit out in the back garden filling the flower beds with sawdust for a bit longer ....now if I could get my good lady to sit out in my dusty, cool, spider filled shed with a paintbrush....hhmmm more likely to be fairies at the bottom of the garden........Ah well might be ready for 2008

CHRISTMAS-------!
What's all this talk abuot Christmas ???
i've only just geting over the last one !!! :roll:
are they putting them closer together these days ?? :shock:

It's rare that I haven't made a start on some form of scrolled Christmas decoration by the time the kiddies start their autumn school terms. Like Jim, I was certainly cutting Christmas decorations in July; in fact, I might even have already cut some by then... and let's not forget, Carter starts his Christmas jigsaws as soon as he buys cheap greetings cards in the New Year sales!

On another forum you'll often hear scrollers moaning if Yule-type patterns don't appear in the summer editions of their scrolling mags. It must be pretty disconcerting for non-scrollers to see them on the front covers of those magazines in the newsagents during June!

Gill

Oh Heck does that mean I have to start doing easter things after the xmas puddings finished?
Alanjm

Latest posts

Back