stanley doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chief

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys :D ,

I posted on here about a wek ago regarding staney sliding doors. I got some good advice from dave w, the advice was that i should cut back the carpet and level a batten of the floor to fix the bottom track to (the bottom track takes all the weight of the doors).

I need some advice about fixing the top track in place. The problem is that the doors fit a minimum openning of 2260mm, and the floor to ceiling opening is larger than 2260mm (also the ceiling is not level).

So should a fix a piece of timber to the ceiling to make the opening gap the right height :?:

Or should i use stanley's own height reducers :?: i have never used these height reducers before but i assume the are an adjustable bracket which the top track fixes to.

thanks

The ones I have fitted before, I screwed and packed a piece of timber in level. and screwed it into the ceiling joists.
then you can just screw the track to the piece of timber, it is a much more secure way of doing it in my opinion.
I would put another piece of timber in front of both the track and timber packer,
just to make it look neater.

hi
the last one of these i fitted was in a room with a 9ft ceiling hieght.
i screwed up a batten 2*3 on the ceiling , in to the joist, from it fitted drop pieces and finally a leveled horizontal batten 2*3 for the top track to be affixed . so this all looked like a ladder fitted sideways to the ceiling.
the front i clad in plasterboard and finally fitted plaster cornice to match the rest of the room . my friend whom i was doing the work for then got in her decorator to wallpaper the panel above the doors.
dave w
hope this is some help.

Thanks for the good advice once again :D .

I was thinking about the height reducers (although i would have to use the stanley interlocking packers as there is not enough ceiling height for the brackets) because the ceiling is no way near level.

I do think that your method would look great, but i am not sure if the ceiling is high enough, i will get the final dimnesions once i cut back the carpet (my mate is a carpet fitter so i am waiting for him to do it for me) and fix a levled batten like you suggested. I will let you know how it all works out :D .

thanks, chief.

Back