• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

stanley 9 1/2 A block plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

jordec66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any info on Stanley 9 1/2A block plane, I have googled but just keep coming up with 9 1/2. Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Declan.

p.s no mention on blood and gore either.

Vann

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've never heard of a 9½A, which doesn't mean anything, but if Blood & Gore doesn't list it, well, that is significant :? .

Is it a new plane or an ancient one? Made in USA or England (or Canada; Australia; Mexico or China)?
Any chance of a photo?

Cheers, Vann.

sparkymarky

Established Member
Reaction score
perhaps something to do with the patent, with type a being a earlier model. found this website http://jp29.org/wwstanley203planes.htm dont know if it`s relevant though.

hth mark

ps. when searching on google use # either side of the phrase you are looking for as google wont obmit the results for short words, ie. #type a#

Alvan

Established Member
Reaction score
I've owned a few of them. They were made for only a short time, but the current new generation of 9½ planes are made to the same design. They are extremely good, in use, being lighter in weight than the common 9½.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Scrit and a #60 1/2A I know they were Stanley GB incarnations of the regular 60 1/2, 9 1/2, 220 (I think) etc block planes, c.1983. S'all I know.

jordec66

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your help, I have far too many planes as it is, but this one intrigued me so I think I NEED it. I'll try to find photo.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
jordec66":4vmrtspu said:
...I have far too many planes as it is, but this one intrigued me so I think I NEED it.
Ah, now that I know about. And so do all my block planes... 8-[

Latest posts