Spraying & Masks??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno

Established Member
Reaction score
Bit of a query - albeit probably a silly one but just wondering. :?

For anyone with the Trend Air Pro mask - do they or have they ever used it for spraying? Say something like AC lacquer etc??

Ok there are probably good reasons not to and you can send me to the firing squad for asking but I'm asking anyway!! :)

Cheers

Don't know about the the Air Pro, but if it doesn't have a charcoal filter to capture organic solvents as well as a normal particle filter, don't use it. Pop in to your nearest automotive paint supplier and get a suitable respirator for about £20 or less.

I guessed you'd need something like the charcoal filter but thought it was worth the query.

Thanks for that

I'd recommend the 3M4251 Solvent Vapour Mask, we've used them here in our manufacturing processes for years. They last a long time and are effective for organic solvents.

Ian McAslan

Actually finding the right mask or more correctly filter for spraying is a nightmare in my experience!
No the Trend one won't do - I bought a Sundstrom half face mask from Arco (you may have branch near you). Or I believe Halfords do spraying masks.
To get the correct filter you need to know exactly what is airborne in what you are spraying and that's not easy. I sent 3M MSDSs for some chestnut stuff I was using and they still wouldn't recommend a suitable filter.
In the end I got an expensive combination filter and can't smell anything through it when I spray (but some airborne stuff could be odourless!)
This is the filter I got:
http://www.arco.co.uk/products/167400/5 ... ion_Filter
And this is the mask:
Sundstrom SR100.
Cheers
Gidon

Back