Spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's no good, JFC, there's a pile of cast iron you can throw it on, over on the pantomime thread :lol: :lol:

Cheers :ho2

Paul

Yep i've got a sparks coming to fit a supply for me over Christmas / New year and i'm picking the moulder up tomorrow :D
Actually Mel spotted it and sent me a PM so thanks Mel :D

No way mate ! I cant see a spindle moulder being able to do what the Legacy does . But we will see .

I cant this weekend i have to drop my old router table and router off to Mr Grimsdale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

no problem jason
was happy to be of help
when you start to buy cutters for it you wont be thanking me then
more like crying into your empty wallet :cry:
enjoy

Mel i have around £1200 worth of cutters just no bloody moulder . Untill now. :D

JFC":362qwtvw said:
Mel i have around £1200 worth of cutters just no bloody moulder . Untill now. :D
So a mere beginner, then? :wink: Just you wait.....

Scrit

Well here she is :D
DSC00029.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

3HP that weighs a ton . Never anyone around when you need a hand is there .
Its got an AllenWest easy break on it that is covering the name so all i can see is ursgreen .
The Joinery shop i got it from was amazing :shock: They are pattern makers and showed me pictures of the work they had done . Thomas the tank engine faces made from timber , full size timber fire engine so the parts could be moulded from it , massive domed roofs .
I of course gave them a full lecture about the Legacy before i left :wink:

Arrrrr - tis a Bursgreen RS spindle moulder (later renamed BRS by Wadkin) which were certainly being produced as early as 1947 (I have an illustration of one in an advert from that year) and were phased-out when replaced by the BER in around 1957 to 1959 - so 30 years old it isn't. Bursgreen became part of John Sagar of Halifax and they in turn sold-out to Wadkin in January 1956 so anything marked "Bursgreen" would be pre-1958 (by which time all the literature had been reprinted and the castings changed to read "Wadkin Bursgreen"). Here's anoter example:

2.jpg

1.jpg

What you now need to do tenons is a set-up like this:

WadkinEG1.jpg

Scrit

OOOHH that looks fun , are they still made or will i have to find a second hand one ?
Maybe they where talking about the motor being 30 years old ? They seemed sorry to see it go and where very proud of the stuff they had made on it .

JFC":10v9mmd3 said:
OOOHH that looks fun , are they still made or will i have to find a second hand one?
You can still get them NEW, although I doubt that you'll like the price - and that's without the hood......

Scrit

Latest posts

Back