Spindle moulder, you don’t have to be limited by 100mm cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But still illegal to use under HSE guideance.
Not illegal but machine has to meet safety regs the big issue apparently being stopping a heavy machine head without it coming unscrewed if braked hard.
Spindle safer as even if the block becomes loose it's just going to spin on the vertical spindle without flying off.

I think we are at cross purposes Jacob.
My "limited knowledge" is stacked dado's are illegal on a table saw, but legal on cross cut saws provided they are limited cutter spacers.

I think I'm also looking at this from an employers point of view.
If you are a one man band go for it.
As an employer I have a duty to use the safest method possible, in both cases, running coving and cutting rebates, I'd not have a leg to stand on saying a stacked dado was best for running a rebate, or running wood at 45 degrees across a saw was a best practice to manufacture coving.

My comments originally were OTT, if you were upset then apologies. However that doesn't change my opinion on the methodology. I also be mad as hell if I saw anyone of my guys not using the best machine for the job.

Nice work Cabinetman, sorry for the hijack.

Has anybody made cornice radius blocks on the spindle using a ring fence or guide bearing?

I've a job coming up that needs them. I guess it's possible to get a wood turner to make them

ditto cabinetmaker
and doctor b. it was pure coincidence I cut my first saw cove a few days before those posts! I almost censored myself tbh but I reckoned honesty was a bit more real.

Has anybody made cornice radius blocks on the spindle using a ring fence or guide bearing?

I've a job coming up that needs them. I guess it's possible to get a wood turner to make them
Not cornice radius blocks as such but have done other stuff with ring fence. It's easy once you've cracked it!
Just googled cornice radius blocks and they look like an obvious job for turner.

I get a turner to do all mine, I then make up as many joints as possible in the workshop and the fitter does the rest on site.

Back