sometimes I wonder why we bother.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viewing a posters profile should indicate when they were last logged in to UKW.

Whilst i accept it is disheartening when folks don`t reply, he is showing an e-mail symbol next to hjs profile & pm symbols , perhaps he thinks that is enough.

Cheers.

Ah, yesterday but only 2 posts so he can't PM yet can he? I wouldn't post my email on open forum though I would reply to the post.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt.

maybe he already found the answer and did not subscribe to the thread, easily done if you are new to forum etiquete, annoying I know but it does happen. I always try to tick the subscribe/email box if I am the question asker/OP just to make sure I thank anyone who takes time out to reply, even if I have already found answers.

yes, most annoying, and if it was me i'd be grumbling obscenities under my breath, but as jensmith says- lets give them the benefit of the doubt.

as an aside, google docs is a good way of sharing pdfs etc , i use it for sharing my tractor workshop manual (lets not mention the C word!)
if someone asks ' does anyone know where i can get....? i just post the link. there is also no size limit as there can be with email attachments. food for thought.

Doug B":3hxop673 said:
Whilst i accept it is disheartening when folks don`t reply, he is showing an e-mail symbol next to hjs profile & pm symbols , perhaps he thinks that is enough.

Cheers.

fair point Doug - I have followed up via that route but obviously I can't just send the file as attachments aren't an option (and I haven't had a response so far)

speaking from my years as a former admin of another (completely unrelated) large forum, you would be totally amazed and disheartened by the amount of people who sign up, ask a question [that's been asked a million times before), get the answer they want, and never even come back to acknowledge any replies, let alone say thanks and become a useful member.

Paddy has now contacted me =D> and the manual has been sent (rather than wasted)

Maybe some people spend less time online than others #-o

Did he say 'Thank you'? :?

jumps":3b1qpnd0 said:
Maybe some people spend less time online than others #-o
Yes. They are called 'weirdos'. :p

Oh no... wait...

Latest posts

Back