Some Workshop Improvements - Pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdSutton":2ebpnz2g said:
Just at the moment work has been really hectic for me, so difficult to get my teeth into a decent project. I have however, managed to fit in a variety of workshop improvements in the little odd bits of time.

Firstly dust related;

I bought a Camvac 386 twin motor HPLV to deal with my tablesaw and bandsaw;
3842625045_222893e7f8.jpg

I did the hopper modification that a few other members have done to their Kity 419 to covert to dust collection from the bottom of the case.
3842620909_e51635d795.jpg

I also added a split off for a smaller hose to connect to the crown guard and added a Maplin remote control plug (remote on the table).
3843409224_cf18a28bc7.jpg

3842627485_1c0d3483ce.jpg

To connect up to the bandsaw I just rotate the Camvac on the wheely stand I made and connect the flexi to the bandsaw ports.
3843413130_2875546ff8.jpg

I added a dust extraction port to my existing shop made router table fence, also for use with the Camvac.
3842617141_48c5aef8ea.jpg

The plan is that now the ADE1200 will only serve the planer and thicknesser.
3843402674_ae287c582e.jpg

I have had 2 new windows fitted which previously were single glazed and obscure glass, so the shop is now warmer and more light gets in.
3843405194_b6572cb600.jpg

Also extended my (basic) clamp storage to cater for some new addditions.
3843400428_d765e833d7.jpg

Finally I have added some floor mats. This material is called Regupol - its made of recycled car tyres and is intended for acoustic separation under a screed in high rise resi. Its a bit like the floors you get in kids play areas. Anyway, it was surplus at work and came into my possession - it makes an excellent anti fatigue floor mat.

Thanks for looking

Ed

Ed, would you care to share some of your photography secrets with us. Your photos are always pin sharp - probably down to a good camera - but also have some sort of a glow about them, what lighting do you use? Or do you use a particular setting in your camera that gives you that effect.

Looking at your blog, the photos you take outdoors also have this "glow" so I'm guessing that it's the camera as I guess that you don't take a full studio lighting setup out to take a few photos of your drains :wink:

Whatever you do, it looks good to me.

Cheers

Aled

I worked for years in a single garage where everything had to be pushed up to the walls. I always aspired to have the tablesaw / outfeed and the workbench in the middle of the room, although I had no experience of this layout, I just thought it would work. Both the saw and the bench are in the positions I first dropped them in 5 years ago when we moved in - it works so well I have never felt a need to change it.

Ed

OPJ":2xwq4ig0 said:
Edited to add - Where do you store all your timber, Ed?

Downstairs in the double garage, which has the big door to act a bit like a loading bay. Only problem is getting the stuff up the stairs...

Ed

Aled Dafis":1842pwvu said:
Ed, would you care to share some of your photography secrets with us. Your photos are always pin sharp - probably down to a good camera - but also have some sort of a glow about them, what lighting do you use? Or do you use a particular setting in your camera that gives you that effect.

Looking at your blog, the photos you take outdoors also have this "glow" so I'm guessing that it's the camera as I guess that you don't take a full studio lighting setup out to take a few photos of your drains :wink:

Whatever you do, it looks good to me.

I should say I am no photographer, but I have learned a few tricks that work for me.

1. Decent camera, decent lens. I use a Nikon D80 with Nikkor lens.
2. Daylight is always best - I know pros can do wonders with a flash, but I find the best results come from daylight, or better still sunshine.
3. I take loads of shots and chuck most of them away.
4. I set the brighness up slightly on the camera.
5. I never shoot on Auto, I generally use Aperture priority where the camera selects the shutter speed to suit the depth of field I have chosen.
6. I shoot the highest resolution the camera can do (10MP).
7. I use a tripod quite a bit.
8. I spend some time thinking about composition - I guess this comes more naturally to some than others.

I should also say that most of the food, garden and outdoor pictures on the blog are by my wife Claire, who also did the pics for my F&C workshop article.

Cheers, Ed

Back