Some of My Projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowbear

Reaction score
G'day, I'm Rob. I live in Melbourne Australia. I am a retired Medical Scientist who keeps himself active making boxes and furniture and stuff. I thought maybe the best way to introduce myself would be to show you some of my work. So here are some examples.

#1 Embroidery Work Box in River Red Gum, Tasmanian fiddleback Blackwood and Wenge.
This box is 300 mm long x 250 mm wide and 200 mm tall. The carcass is made of figured Red Gum, while the lid frame is Tasmanian Blackwood showing fiddleback pattern. The panel in the lid is a piece of figured Red Gum, resawn and bookmatched. The tray and the inlay are Wenge. The finish is hard burnished Tung Oil.
The handles and Quadrant hinges are English Brass.
Back_2.jpg
Open_1.jpg
Side_2.jpg

#2 Coffee Table in Tasmanian Blackwood with two drawers.
This table is 1.4 metres long x 450 mm wide approx. The finish is Organoil Hard Burnishing oil. (A local product). This product is based around Tung Oil and Terpene. It gives excellent protection against radiant heat and liquid spills. I poured some red wine on the top of this table and left it for 4 hours before wiping it off. Not a mark to be seen!
table_5.jpg
table_7.jpg
table_8.jpg

#3 Jewellery Box in Black Heart Sassafrass.
"Sassy" is a beautiful timber, but has strong contrasting colours, which some don't like. I think the colours under Oil are spectacular. The carcass and lid panel are Sassafrass, while the tray and lid frame are Tasmanian Blackwood. Finish is hard burnished Wattyl Scandinavian Oil.
#10.jpg
#12.jpg
#13.jpg

I hope you like them.

Regards,

Rob

Attachments

• Back_2.jpg
    Back_2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,496
  • Open_1.jpg
    Open_1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,496
  • Side_2.jpg
    Side_2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,496
  • table_5.jpg
    table_5.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,496
  • table_7.jpg
    table_7.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,496
  • table_8.jpg
    table_8.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,496
  • #10.jpg
    #10.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,496
  • #12.jpg
    #12.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,496
  • #13.jpg
    #13.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,496
hi and welcome!

the coffee table looks really nice, you're lucky with all the timbers over there!

adidat

Lovely work
Also jealous about your timbers. It always makes me smile when derek Cohen in Perth says "I just used an old scrap of Jarrah" or whatever. Lovely stuff though.
Regards
Mark

Hi and welcome, nice work. I know what you mean gasman, I like the sassafras a lot, maybe I should call my relly's in townsville and get them to ship some stuff over!

Latest posts

Back