Some beautiful scenes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovetail

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just wanted to share some beauty with you on this winter day. I hope you enjoy the photos and can relax with them.
These are from Pensacola Florida USA, and Pensacola Beach Florida USA.

The church is in a place call Sevier Square near downtown Pensacola. The while rounded house is on the beach and when all houses around it were destroyed in a hurricane, it survived. It is made out of concrete. The train car in in the median of a street down town Pensacola. The pier is Pensacola Beach pier.
The water is all the Gulf of Mexico.

I hope you enjoy seeing these.

Please share some photos that you have taken that are nice.

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0554 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

Thanks for your post.
Personally, I greatly enjoy pictures of other members environs when they are occasionally posted. I'll add a few, hopefully it will encourage a few additional posts.
Will limit this selection to sailing in NZ waters, making myself sad that I dont own the boat anymore.
Kiwiriki Bay BOI.JPG

Anchorage in the Bay of Islands.

robertson island 9 april 08 011.jpg

Robertson Island, the child bride taking in the view.

Momona Bay Mercs 008.JPG

Momona Bay, Mercury Islands. So named by Captain Cook as his chosen site to observe the transit of Mercury.

wind on portaaa.jpg

Making landfall after a long passage.
IMG_20170130_194556944.jpg

Retrieving the dinghy and complaining about my knot tying ability. Kawau Island, home of George Gray, NZ's first governor, 1840's.

Right members, your turn.

How about this for a campsite. We stayed at Belcastel in the south of France summer 2014. We are the white car just left of centre. We can find locations like this for less than £20 a night.

ColinView attachment 151004
That's what we love about the European landscape, the feeling of permanence. You can see millennia of habitation and cultivation. Remove the people and nothing would change. Remove the people from NZ and the land would revert to bush in a few decades.

@eribaMotters I love that for a camp site. Such a feel of history and beauty combined.

@Andy's Shed I love the photos you did. The rainbow one is really good (I like rainbows a lot). You should get your gear out and go on a camera expedition. To my eyes you have talent.

Anyone else have any other place in the world to share? I would love to see more of the old history of Europe.

Anyone else have any other place in the world to share? I would love to see more of the old history of Europe.
After selling the yacht in my previous post, we used the money and bought an ancient canal boat in Holland and spent a few European summers on the canals in Holland, Belgium and France.
20190827_212454.jpg

Somewhere in France. Boat looks nice so long as you don't get too close..

20190829_113127.jpg

Village in Friesland, north Holland.

20190525_111304.jpg

Tunnel in France, built in the time of Napoleon. 4km long.

20180628_102924.jpg

Dinant in Belgium. The WW11 Battle of the Bulge ended at the citadel atop the rock.

IMG_20180728_144043307_HDR.jpg

City square, Nancy, northern France.

IMG_20180728_152436227.jpg

Dunno. Can't remember.
PhotoGrid_1560013595669.jpg

Not exactly European history but had to include it. Exactly the same place on the river Maas - the child bride now and on her father's boat 55 years ago.

After selling the yacht in my previous post, we used the money and bought an ancient canal boat in Holland and spent a few European summers on the canals in Holland, Belgium and France.

Somewhere in France. Boat looks nice so long as you don't get too close..

Village in Friesland, north Holland.

Tunnel in France, built in the time of Napoleon. 4km long.

Dinant in Belgium. The WW11 Battle of the Bulge ended at the citadel atop the rock.

City square, Nancy, northern France.

View attachment 151028
Dunno. Can't remember.
Not exactly European history but had to include it. Exactly the same place on the river Maas - the child bride now and on her father's boat 55 years ago.

Nancy, France (a quick search on Bistro Barami :))

Thank you for putting up more fantastic photos of wonderful places. So beautiful and so much history.

I hope more people add to this thread.

the first snow fall on the Cretean mountains named the White Mountains....a lot more last night but no photo.....
at least we'll have drinking water next year.....lol.....
the snow is very late this year as it's been the warmest winter for 50 years...the view from my back door....
never tire of that view.....still pinch myself to be sure it's not a dream...
IMG_4823.jpeg

There's a road leading up to the masts on the hill, one of my favourite places to cycle and is in the 'Cycling climbs of North West England' book.
IMG_0054.jpeg

Back