Some beautiful scenes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From todays walk on the beach, a wild north northumberland beach - didn't see another soul
xwnb.jpg

the first snow fall on the Cretean mountains named the White Mountains....a lot more last night but no photo.....
at least we'll have drinking water next year.....lol.....
the snow is very late this year as it's been the warmest winter for 50 years...the view from my back door....
never tire of that view.....still pinch myself to be sure it's not a dream...
View attachment 151051
My wife and I have had some wonderful holidays in your area. Aptera, Kalami, Neo Chorio. You live in a lovely place

Ah, a fellow North Westerner(y) I actually took that photo last summer on the way to work (worked at Ribble Cycles for a bit) when it was actually too hot.

Keith Cocker
I spent most of the time in ur area between working away......still miss it....dry stone walls, meat n potato pie, oh plus black pudding....
If ever u get back or anyone else look me up....
She'll bake a cake.....lol.....any excuse for cake....

And finally, some pics of a tramp we did in the South Island high country a few years ago. Regrettably my last one ever as shortly thereafter I did myself a bit of damage and need the aid of a stick now if walking any distance. The aim of the tramp was to reach the last hut on the ascent of Mt.Cook.
south island 2007 012.jpg

Our base camp.

south island 2007 061.jpg

Mountain parrot or Kea. Sociable, fearless, inquisitive and destructive. Sit down for five minutes and he'll have the laces out of your boots.

south island 2007 098.jpg

Mountain tarn.

south island 2007 120.jpg

Looking back to base camp

south island 2007 080.jpg

About half way.

south island 2007 040.jpg

Mueller Hut and journeys end. Experienced Mountain climbers only beyond this point. Mt.Cook in the background.

south island 2007 043.jpg

Mt.Cook at sunset.

can see why they made "Lord of the Rings" there.....now in Wales I believe.....due to ur covid requirements.....!!!!

boots that smelly have to be kept outside the tent....hahaha.......

Seen them Parrot birds tear cars apart.....funny if it's not ur's....

The last photo is stunning....

`dont give up on the walking, just go slower.....

boots that smelly have to be kept outside the tent....hahaha.......
Yep. Girls reckon they don't smell.. their boots sure do though.
Seen them Parrot birds tear cars apart.....funny if it's not ur's....
As you say. Their favorite targets are wiper blades and window rubbers.
The last photo is stunning....
Just luck. Took it from the hut verandah, the colour only lasted a few moments.

And finally, some pics of a tramp we did in the South Island high country a few years ago. Regrettably my last one ever as shortly thereafter I did myself a bit of damage and need the aid of a stick now if walking any distance. The aim of the tramp was to reach the last hut on the ascent of Mt.Cook.
View attachment 151178
Our base camp.

View attachment 151190
Mountain parrot or Kea. Sociable, fearless, inquisitive and destructive. Sit down for five minutes and he'll have the laces out of your boots.

View attachment 151181
Mountain tarn.

View attachment 151186
Looking back to base camp

View attachment 151187
About half way.

View attachment 151188
Mueller Hut and journeys end. Experienced Mountain climbers only beyond this point. Mt.Cook in the background.

View attachment 151189
Mt.Cook at sunset.

Such a beautiful country

Back