Solicitors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A thorny problem, as always, with regard to solicitors. To cut a long story short, I need to find a decent solictor somewhere in the Bangor (North Wales) area. We were involved in some court proceedings there 40 years ago (yes, 40 years!) which we thought were all done and dusted, but it now turns out that there was a tricky loose end that noone knew about. In the interim, the (incompetent) solicitor who represented us has retired, and I'm now in Scotland, so our solicitor here can't do anything which is not Scottish law. Therefore need someone competent in the area, and rather than sticking a pin in a list, it seems worth asking here just in case anyone has relevant knowledge. I've had one suggestion from a forum member, but other ideas would be very welcome.

PM me if you don't want to put things up in public.

you may need to give some idea of the area of law, dick. property, family, criminal etc. if somebody has used a firm for conveyancing, it may not be much use to you.

dickm":b5aga3uo said:
A thorny problem, as always, with regard to solicitors. To cut a long story short, I need to find a decent solictor somewhere in the Bangor (North Wales) area. We were involved in some court proceedings there 40 years ago (yes, 40 years!) which we thought were all done and dusted, but it now turns out that there was a tricky loose end that noone knew about.

Jarndyce and Jarndyce!!

BugBear

marcros":16it0dac said:
you may need to give some idea of the area of law, dick. property, family, criminal etc. if somebody has used a firm for conveyancing, it may not be much use to you.

Good point, Marcros. Basically it's a matter of a will (wouldn't you have guessed it?) and some property. Although the behaviour of the solicitor originally involved probably bordered on the criminal...........

If the solicitor you had did not complete correctly, then even if he has retired, the solicitors practice that took over his clients is fully responsible as in taking over the clients, they took over the responsibility. Find out who took over the practice and contact them. If you have a problem with them, just say that you could write a letter of complaint, and that's something they would wish to avoid.

There is no situation where a solicitor, or his practice is not responsible if mistakes have been made. If in doubt, contact the Law Society. There is also a very good forum on Money Saving Expert in the Deaths, Funerals and Probate section.

Unfortunately there have been a large number of solicitors that did not take correct action in connection with Wills and Trusts. Something that I specilised in before I retired.

Alex

Latest posts

Back