Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say attack

I said ad hominem attack.

Another ad hominem attack.

You are the one making claims but cannot back them up with evidence, not me.

Now please answer my post regarding comparisons of flu with Covid, which you refuse to give a straight answer
We've been down this road before and it was pointed out to you that you cannot prove a negative.

Others have realised the futility of debating with you, I too am approaching that point.

The WHO has changed its position on lockdowns
Please don't repeat Murray's selective use of a much longer quotation. Out of contex, as you have 'quoted' it, this statement is fallacious, and like Murray, selectively chosen to give some tatters of credence to your viewpoint.

Sam

Artie, if you are referring to my PCR-based intervention, please recheck my posts. That 'negative' was, and remains, a hodge-podge of pseudoscience.

Sam
If I had been referring to you, I would have quoted your post.

I have read parts of this thread and all it seems to be doing is getting peoples backs up?

Isn't it time the knives were put away and the thread closed?
You don't have to read it.

I have read parts of this thread and all it seems to be doing is getting peoples backs up?

Isn't it time the knives were put away and the thread closed?

Sharpening threads do the same thing but we don't lock those (much) lol.

We had a 'rant' thread that started civilly enough, then deteriorated into gutter accusations, wilful mistruths and other garbage. It polarised the readership of this forum and finally both assuaged the egos of the dung-stirrers and offended those of us who try to maintain fact in the face of confected fiction. before it was locked. - and then removed!!

This thread went down that same road many posts ago and I am formally requesting Angie, Noel (and whoever is left on the Mods Team) to do the same with this one, padlocks please.

Sam

We had a 'rant' thread that started civilly enough, then deteriorated into gutter accusations, wilful mistruths and other garbage. It polarised the readership of this forum and finally both assuaged the egos of the dung-stirrers and offended those of us who try to maintain fact in the face of confected fiction. before it was locked. - and then removed!!

This thread went down that same road many posts ago and I am formally requesting Angie, Noel (and whoever is left on the Mods Team) to do the same with this one, padlocks please.

Sam

You formally request?

Well I formally request that they don't. Angie seems to have been pretty good on the moderation front so far. Noel isn't up the his usual tricks (yet anyway).

You don't have to participate in this, you are welcome to ignore it, do you go up to people in the pub having a chat about a topic you don't like and tell the landlord to shut them down?

Please don't repeat Murray's selective use of a much longer quotation. Out of contex, as you have 'quoted' it, this statement is fallacious, and like Murray, selectively chosen to give some tatters of credence to your viewpoint.

Sam
I never quoted anyone but merely observed a change of position.
As for closing the thread once again you want to shutdown an exchange of views because you don't like it. This is exactly why it shouldn't be shutdown, you have every right to contribute, make your point or ignore it but to demand the closure is against our long held principles and goes against democracy. Without being rude history has exposed what happens when such basic rights are taken away.

I do believe that both sides of the no worse than flu debate have exhausted the point and until new data is released its old news. The response to the virus in terms of measures and proportion etc that's the main focus now and the powers that have advocated policy and why. This is where the focus is now imo

I think Trump is the only hope to save the west from communism.
Is this a different Trump rather than the silly person who suggested ingesting bleach could kill off Corvid-19 ;)
The biggest concern was that sales of bleach in the US went through the roof following that revelation.:D

I did not suggest it was.

Long Covid is the term used to describe the long term effects that Covid has on some people.

And yes that does happen
And it does happen in significant number
No it is not typical of less serious infections like flu

You can definitely have a hard time getting over flu. The difference is

Sam

Er no, you were the one that started the gutter accusations and hostility. If you want to debate then debate. If you don't then flounce off like you said you were going to.

There is a growing realisation that lockdowns don't really achieve a lot and the cost/ benefit of them has never bee done. I've been perfectly civil all along.

Is this a different Trump rather than the silly person who suggested ingesting bleach could kill off Corvid-19 ;)
The biggest concern was that sales of bleach in the US went through the roof following that revelation.:D

I'm no defender of Trump but he didn't actually say that. What he said was using something that could kill the virus inside you like a bleach would.

I'm no defender of Trump but he didn't actually say that. What he said was using something that could kill the virus inside you like a bleach would.
I watched the video clip at the time Selwyn and I wasn't trying to quote him word for word but it was sufficiently convincing to prompt rather a lot of Americans to clear the shelves. I'm not getting into an argument of any kind so this is my last comment but it's difficult to deny that the guy regularly opens his mouth before engaging his brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back