Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flogging a dead horse comes to mind chaps, a certain person is wilfully ignoring answers that go against his preconceived ideas and asking for evidence that either cannot exist or is meaningless in order to somehow appear superior. I stopped engaging as it was pointless, he reply about furlough fraud says it all really.
Rorschach, you keep claiming that covid is no worse than flu

so I asked for evidence to back and now you are saying that evidence doesnt exist

please make you mind up

either covid is worse than flu and you have the evidence to prove it

or you should be honest and admit you are wrong, covid is far worse than flu.

You stopped engaging because you had no counter argument, thats it.

I watched the video clip at the time Selwyn and I wasn't trying to quote him word for word but it was sufficiently convincing to prompt rather a lot of Americans to clear the shelves. I'm not getting into an argument of any kind so this is my last comment but it's difficult to deny that the guy regularly opens his mouth before engaging his brain.

Technically bleach can kill off covid. But he wasn't saying "drink bleach to kill covid"

Because they didn't test for influenza they don't routinely do this for octogenarians. People of a certain age will die of a myriad of infections. But if the test said covid it would be a covid death. There is no overlap because nearly all of it is attributed to covid which is just daft. I knew a 85 year old granny with dementia who went down as a covid death.

WRONG

the ONS figures state: "The ONS provides figures based on all deaths registered involving COVID-19 according to death certification, whether in or out of hospital, for England and Wales"

please can you explain to me what the words: COVID-19 according to death certification mean?

please can you explain how that is the same as your words: if the test said covid it would be a covid death

1602669078661.gif

I have read parts of this thread and all it seems to be doing is getting peoples backs up?

Isn't it time the knives were put away and the thread closed?
It isnt getting my back up one iota, some of us are able to remain polite despite the constant ad homs.

I was in America for six months during all that, and to my recollection he was talking about disinfectant but that’s irrelevant, and no don’t try this at home children.
The vitriol that the left-wing press over there was throwing at him every day was eye-opening. Yes he is divisive, yes he has some very strange facial expressions and he doesn’t always think before he opens his mouth, but he has a huge following and it’s growing, the average American who supports him daren't show that support, as like over here the people that hate him would jump all over them, they can be most unpleasant. Compared to O-bama when, I think it was swine flu killed 80,000 Americans before he actually did anything this president really gone off to a flying start by banning incoming flights from China. The other thing that people really like about him is that he actually tries to do what he said he was going to do. Personally I think he will get back in, in November.

not compared to covid

So the 635k people who apparently had covid all had a hard time getting over it did they? Or can you just accept that a small select view of people get very ill, an even small amount die and of the amount of survivors the vast majority have no symptoms after 2-3 weeks.

And everyone who had flu got over it without a problem and all their attendant health issues which they carried with them before that magically improved as well?

The bigger picture is 99.9+% of people who get covid get over it without an issue even if they didn't know they had it. Those who get seriously ill with Covid still have an extremely good chance of surviving it. Those who die are majorly well over the average age of death and are overwhelmingly likely to have serious attendent comorbidities. And you think the Government can stop this!!

I watched the video clip at the time Selwyn and I wasn't trying to quote him word for word but it was sufficiently convincing to prompt rather a lot of Americans to clear the shelves
nonsense

WRONG

the ONS figures state: "The ONS provides figures based on all deaths registered involving COVID-19 according to death certification, whether in or out of hospital, for England and Wales"

please can you explain to me what the words: COVID-19 according to death certification mean?

please can you explain how that is the same as your words: if the test said covid it would be a covid death

About 90% plus of people who died of covid had at least one pre existing condition.

Majorly Alzheimers.
Heart Disease
Flu and Pneumonia
Other chronic respiratory diseases
Diabetes

I quote

In March 2020, there were 3,912 deaths that occurred in England and Wales involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) and 3,372 of these (86%) had an underlying cause of death of COVID-19.

Analysis of the main pre-existing condition showed that ischaemic heart disease was the most common main pre-existing condition among deaths involving COVID-19, with 541 out of 3,912 deaths (14% of all deaths involving COVID-19 in March 2020). Figure 1 shows the most common pre-existing conditions by sex and whether the deceased was aged up to 69 years, or 70 years and over.

So you can have a heart attack and go to hospital, get covid and then become a covid statistic.

I repeat it because it is correct.

You are using dishonest debating to make your point
because:

1 all comparisons with flu are using historical data for flu deaths when no measures have been used to stop flu

2. If you want use this year for data then great, rates of flu are very low.....because of social distancing and because it's not the flu season.

How about you stop your dishonest arguments and give me a direct answer to the above.
If you don't answer, I shall politely be asking until you give a straight answer.

It is getting rather tiresome seeing you and others squirm and wriggle over this.

You argue Covid is not much worse than flu, but can provide no evidence whatsoever that it true.
So now you attack my integrity after complaining so much about ad hominem attacks yourself.

There can be no comparison with flu and covid for previous years because there was no covid.

But it is clear from some previous years statistics that more people died from all causes than this year during a supposed pandemic.

BTW do you know the definition of pandemic? It's not what most people think.

BTW do you know the definition of pandemic? It's not what most people think.

It is a touch sweeping to assume mass ignorance. How can any of us know what most people think? Pandemic is regularly explained by the BBC on TV and radio (other news sources are available) and is on the Covid websites.

I watched the video clip at the time Selwyn and I wasn't trying to quote him word for word but it was sufficiently convincing to prompt rather a lot of Americans to clear the shelves. I'm not getting into an argument of any kind so this is my last comment but it's difficult to deny that the guy regularly opens his mouth before engaging his brain.
Trump is not a conventional politician far from it which is not a bad thing. I take no interest in how the media portray him, how they twist his words just like lons has done. I look at what he's done re what he said hr would do. Actions speak louder than words. I would rather have a doer than a talker anyday anyday

Last edited:
Rorschach, you keep claiming that covid is no worse than flu

so I asked for evidence to back and now you are saying that evidence doesnt exist

please make you mind up

either covid is worse than flu and you have the evidence to prove it

or you should be honest and admit you are wrong, covid is far worse than flu.

You stopped engaging because you had no counter argument, thats it.

All covid virus' are much less virulent in the healthy elderly and younger people than influenza. Furthermore flu changes strain whereas to all our current knowledge coronavirus' do not. So is a Covid worse than a Flu? Not really. Both can be lethal to the vulnerable

Given that we may have a no deal or might as well be no deal Brexit shortly, not taking an interest in the US may be unwise. Based on trump era figures that are pre covid, our two largest trading partners in the UK, for goods and services combined, are the US and Germany. Our trade balance with the US is positive (ie we sell more to them than they buy from us) and they are by far the largest trading partner. Germany is next and there the UK has a trade deficit (cash outflow).

The UK economy is very services focussed, particularly financial services, and our trading links with the US in that area are fundamental to the UK economy. Given the massive sums we are borrowing to pay for furlough schemes etc, we need to be very mindful of protecting trading relationships.

Hence the health of the US economy is quite important to us, and so it seems to me politics matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back