So whats happening then ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Are things getting sorted behind the scenes or is everyone hoping things will blow over ? I for one feel i have far to much of my work posted on here to just forget the warnings i've had for little or no reason . Plus i object to being spoken to like a naughty school boy !
Any updates ?

Charley

Our moderating methods have been criticised recently. Some of you don't realise that the forums have been running for years now and our moderation policy has worked fine. However I do agree we need to change it and improve in some areas. In the past couple of weeks I've been preparing for some changes which will allow the moderators to take a step back. Theses changes should be active early next week...

I'm busy today so won't be able to check in on the forum much so if you have any questions please email me...

It's only Monday, and he said he would sort the changes out early this week.

Cheers

Mike

The changes and enhancements are currently being tested on the 'test forum' where development takes place offline.

The moderator team started trying them out today in an attempt to find any bugs before Charley releases them to the main forum.

Yeah but as you said you have got far to much posted here, so if you wait and it turns out that Charley's changes work, you will surely be well pleased won't you!

Cheers

Mike

The changes and enhancements are currently being tested on the 'test forum' where development takes place offline.

The moderator team started trying them out today in an attempt to find any bugs before Charley releases them to the main forum.

I thought the problem was the moderator team banning and warning people for little or no reason . The forum is fine apart from that .

Tony , that isn't the problem and you are avoiding what i am asking . The forum is fine , it is the level of moderation that is the problem . When posters that put so much into this forum get banned for little or no reason it makes me wonder why i am posting here and i'm sure others feel that way . I used to get alot from this forum but the people i got that from have been banned or left because they are fed up . Adding better smileys and more links will not replace them .

JFC

Just my thoughts - take them or leave them:

From your opening post it is clear you are trying to antagonise the mods.

Can't you follow Mike C's advice and wait for Charley's changes?

In any event, these matters were covered in Scrits post a few days back.

Cheers

Karl

JFC":mq972pek said:
Tony , that isn't the problem and you are avoiding what i am asking . The forum is fine , it is the level of moderation that is the problem . When posters that put so much into this forum get banned for little or no reason it makes me wonder why i am posting here and i'm sure others feel that way . I used to get alot from this forum but the people i got that from have been banned or left because they are fed up . Adding better smileys and more links will not replace them .

Well said.

And there has still been no explanation at all as to why Jacob was banned. The so called spam was no more than a PM to a few people saying he thought he was going to be banned. And also, recently, a certain moderator said they couldn't read PMs anyway.

Perhaps it's time to think about what level of moderation is necessary. I'm sure everyone is grateful for the efforts you put in to keep spam and junk of the forum but the arbitrary way in which posts are classed as unsuitable is getting stupid.

For heaven's sake; it's an internet forum for woodworkers, not playschool!!

Cheers
Mike

Tony":takl0t87 said:
JFC":takl0t87 said:
. The forum is fine .

True, and with the new facilities it will improve the experience for our members even more.

Tony, you seem to have accidentally missed out the 'apart from that' when quoting JFC.

No need to thank me, I'm glad to help

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFC

Just my thoughts - take them or leave them:

From your opening post it is clear you are trying to antagonise the mods.

Can't you follow Mike C's advice and wait for Charley's changes?

In any event, these matters were covered in Scrits post a few days back.

No i am not antagonising the mods , i want to know what is happening to the site that i have alot of my work shown on . The points where covered but nothing has happened just like the last time .
Maybe its you and Mike C that need to think.... i have alot of work shown here and i don't like the idea of untrained people giving advice on my work . Id like to reply myself thankyou !
I notice its people with very little input that are trying to question my reasons here .

J.F.C. i think you are out of order with that last comment, as far as i know
the amount of input has nothing to do with anything. I have been a member of this forum for a long time and have'nt posted much but i have learned a lot from all of you on here, no matter how many posts have been made. If you must persist in trying to antagonise the moderator's
can't you do it privately without causing upset to the rest of the members.
You may have "a lot" of work invested in this forum, and i for one have
alway's admired your work, but you seem hell bent on someone coming right out and banning you. Where is the sense in that?
I am not bothered about anyone else being banned, just as long as i behave myself properly on the forum,why don't you do the same?
Give the people behind the scenes a chance please.

I don't know, all he's asking for is some accountability. It depends how you the view the forum really - as someone's possession or as a community. It's only if its the former, that asking such questions could be seen as intrusive and asking for a ban or whatever.

JFC,

Maybe its you and Mike C that need to think....

Why all because I said wait until Charley makes the new changes?

JFC,

I notice its people with very little input that are trying to question my reasons here

So my 1200+ posts have been very little input. Well thank you very much, I will remember that.

I may have asked more questions then I have given advice but I thought the forum was all about give and take.

Thanks JFC now I know how some of you think.

Mike

Im sorry you feel that way Kevin but i have tried what you have suggested and it doesn't work . I am not hell bent on getting banned i am hell bent on getting an answer to my question .The same question i asked over a month ago !
Put yourself in my place rather than gobbing off , no one will speak to me one to one ! So i have to ask here !

Mike.C":2imt3mm8 said:
JFC,

Maybe its you and Mike C that need to think....

Why all because I said wait until Charley makes the new changes?

JFC,

I notice its people with very little input that are trying to question my reasons here

So my 1200+ posts have been very little input. Well thank you very much, I will remember that.

I may have asked more questions then I have given advice but I thought the forum was all about give and take.

Thanks JFC now I know how some of you think.

Mike

Mike I have had more help from you Than most of the profesional woody's on this forum, I for one am very grateful of your valuable input.

Thanks

Well the only thing i remember you for is abusive PM's that i didn't reply to .

Put yourself in my place rather than gobbing off
With that kind of response i wish i had'nt bothered trying to reason/help you.Very sad state of affairs. :cry:

Back