Snow

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh look its snowing again :roll: :roll:

Might not be able to get to work tomorrow :wink: :wink:
can get some more turning done then :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Malcolm

lucky you it works just the opposite for me- snow= no nursery open = me not working and staying home with my daughter. which is nice for one day but i have already lost 3 days last week- i was reallly hoping we'd seen the last of the white stuff!!!

Its been snowing about 1 hour & we have over an 1", & it shows no sign of stopping!!!!! :?
Looks like it`s going to be another disrupted week :(

Oh c##p! I leave work in an hour, have to try and get home to Nottingham which is 36miles, and was planning some turning tomorrow, which means a trip to Leicester.
No turning for me it seems....

Large silver birch in the woods felled by the wind - CHECK
Permission off the land owner - CHECK
Friend with a chainsaw and time to spare - CHECK
Too much snow so I can't see the tree - Bu**er!!!!

Never mind Chris, if a large tree has gone down you can almostv guarantee that othere have or will go as well.

Pete

Started snowing here about 3ish and just got heavier.Stopped about 8ish,leaving another covering. :roll:
But they are forcasting a real bad night tomorrow night :shock:

Its the temperature that's causing the most worry up here ....

Minus 12 Last night ( Minus 18 in recorded in Aviemore, inland )
So all the snow is now very solid !
Friday was horrendous though... took me 6 Hours to do a journey that should have taken 30 Minutes. :(
Home to Dyce, on the outskirts of town ( Where the airport is, for anyone who knows the area ) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jenx":iuma1ywm said:
Home to Dyce, on the outskirts of town ( Where the airport is, for anyone who knows the area ) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Used to deliver to Kirkhill Industrial estate,round the side of the airport,so been there a time or two.
As for snow,was about half an inch here this morning,roads were clear (we still have salt and grit) and the sun has been shining all morning,so it's all gone again..

Andrew

Spend half my Life in Kirkhill, Andrew !
:) A lot of my bigger customers are on that estate ... ( the Aker-Kvaerner's of the world, etc )
It was the Pitmedden Road just over the other side of the Runway i was stuck on, on friday. :cry:
Mind you - the place would still be a fishing village if it wasn't for the oil... when it does eventually dry up ( which its a long, long way from doing yet :wink: ).. I wonder what will become of the place :?: :? .. Ghost town probably ! :D

Jenx":1e9g5ivu said:
Its the temperature that's causing the most worry up here ....

Minus 12 Last night ( Minus 18 in recorded in Aviemore, inland )
Ach, you soft southerners - it was -13 in Methlick
(all of 21 miles north of Dyce :) )

-12 At Hatton, Dick ....
You Methlick fellas are the 'proper sherpa's' :wink: 8) :D

Snow's not shifted much in the village here ... just being 'off the main drag', I think we've been over-looked !

The missus was up in Peterhead earlier this evening... none left there at all !

You got much ?

:) :) :)

no snow here just rain has been raining heavy all day non stop and still raining now :?
i hope the flood walls on the thames are up to scratch
tony

Back