SNOW!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dusting in Salisbury but all gone now...got to drive to Stansted at 2.30 :( , hopefully white stuff will all be gone by then - Rob

Scott and his snowman - he's 31 but still a child at heart :D

eac1549e.jpg

And the obligatory WIP pictures :lol:

eac1545d.jpg

eac15459.jpg

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul,

I like the snowman, did you use the "Lie Nielsen" Snowdude circumfrance tool to plan out the spheres?

We've got about 4 inches or so here, little worried about my roof, this is the first test of the workshop with regards to any weight, hopefully it should be ok.

Why are dogs so mad on snow? I was out at the crack of dawn this morning, and all I could see were people walking their dogs in the snow, strange beasts!

Loads of snow and the workshop temperature is down to 15 degrees C

Better find that fan heater :wink:

Rob...whose driving to Stansted in a 'mo and loading the Landy with spade, torch, wellies, hat, scarf, gloves, emergency rations etc :)

Paul - Scott will never get that to fly (got no wings) :lol: - Rob

Loads in South Wales.
Had to get to Aylesbury today and being generally daft, I took my usual route thinking it would be okay once I got out of Wales. Hah. :roll:

Passed a big Axminster van on the M50, so they were out and about delivering. It was leaving Wales, so who's had something gloatable delivered?

Then the Curse of Spencer struck again when my spare wheel got ripped off from under the car by accumulated snow. :shock:

Got to Aylesbury ok though when people from just down the road hadn't bothered turning up.

Good for Scott. I doubt I would have bothered had I not had to drag the girls out to help me this morning.

Did you know that snowmen are on the endangered species list? Reports suggest there will be none left by as soon as Saturday.

Andy

dedee":2tn8zm92 said:
Good for Scott. I doubt I would have bothered had I not had to drag the girls out to help me this morning.

A school driveway runs past our bungalow and all the little school children were quite gobsmacked when they saw the size of our snowman. No doubt a few parents were cursing us when they got pestered to make one as large :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I don't think there was much snow in Bristol either. They're was certainly nothing more than a few flakes on the windscreen at home this morning.

Had a nice slide up the hill to work this morning though! :D

I think you guys might actually have more than here in East Europe right now. :eek:

Last year on this same day we had three feet, had to use a snow plough just to get out of the driveway :)

devonwoody":1yoym4w3 said:
Might get up to 38c today in some parts of NSW. so I dont think we shall get any of the white stuff.

My heart bleeds for you :lol: :wink: For all you lot on about deep snow you don't know your born. This is what I'd call deeeeep

2368-28849.jpg
:lol:

welll I went to my pit late last night and there was nowt of the white stuff here. Woke up fairly early due to the stove being outta wood :( but a quick rummage in off cuts filled that up :)
Looked outside - woah ! white stuff :?
frommydeskwindow.jpg

pipper that means I 'll have to get my snow scoop out of the shed and clear the path for postie.

mypathway.jpg

and

frommybackdoor.jpg

so after 15 minutes of scooping I cleared the path, when it started to snow again :(

mypathjustcleared.jpg

oh well can't really complain as it has been fairly mild so far :D

All the best from HS

Back