Snow: are pedestrians Darwin award candidates?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did four long, dark, miserable, years in the job, and I doubt if it is any easier now than when it was in the early 80s.
I think anyone who wants to be a teacher must be bonkers, but I'm glad that some do. Some of them are even good at it. Even better.
S
(I wasn't, but had the good grace to get out).

I don't think it's down to the teachers or Head's; the councils are aware of the risks and it's down to the potential of being sued, or looking 'bad' in the public eye. Politics and pennies.

Gary

riclepp":11wl3r77 said:
When i was at school the only time the school was closed was either in the holidays or when the heating packed up. Unlike now, teachers are to scared to do a real days work and the kids and parents are just too prescious. My kids get my boot up their buttocks to get out and play in this weather and go to school, I will and have driven them to school in recent times with the snow we have had the last few years. Society has gone to pot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over!!

Oh and there has been no snow falling at all today where I live :)

To be honest, I think that statement is out of order. True, there will be some bad or lazy teachers. Just as there are bad or lazy people in all walks of life.

Similarly there are some stunning teachers who always go the extra distance for the kids in their school. We shouldn't forget them.

if I was going to have a pop at anyone, it would be those fat, lazy, talentless tw*ts called professional footballers who get paid £100,000 A WEEK for kicking around a pigs bladder filled with air. Now that sort of salary is obscene.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I took my car down to the garage yesterday morning for some work and walked back along the lane. The number of cretins driving at the same speed as they do in dry weather (which in many cases is too fast) was surprising. Apparently the coefficient of friction doesn't apply to them. Hopefully it is a substantial oak tree that meets their car rather than a pedestrian.

johngraves":3cf1e1y8 said:
I remember vividly our school having to pay £50,000 when a boy broke his arm whilst sliding on the yard in the snow and a 'no win - no fee' company picked it up. Apparently we didn't have the well being of our pupils at heart when we decided to stay 'open' in spite of 95% of the children living on the doorstep. It apparently disadvantaged him in class although I never heard the pupil complain, just his parents.
Unfortunately in this age of litigation it isn't always easy to make what would seem sensible decisions to those of us in our dotage.

It's disgusting, people are just so devious and self centred, 'no win no fee' is just asking people to lie, be uncaring, and aggressive. I'm fed up with the whole lot of them. Still maybe those parents will have an accident somewhere that has no owners or anyone who could be remotely responsible, perhaps they will use the money they got from their sons misfortune to go on a Caribbean holiday and get biten by a shark, let them try suing that booger :lol:

Back