Smoking is bad...............

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
Not just for your health, But Your tools as well! I'll explain. I have just bought a B&D random orbital sander, It works well for me. I was fixing something next to it and, as usual, I had a cigarette in my left hand. I was concentrating so hard on the task in hand, I didn't notice, the hot end of the cigarette had touched the plastic dust bag of the sander! I noticed when I turned the sander on and it blew fine sawdust all over the workshop. I always wear a mask when I pick the sander up, so I was ok. luckily my girlfriend is very handy with a sewing machine so about an hour later It was working correctly again. NO pictures as I have a policy not to take photo's in my workshop.

When I was 16 I earned myself a rowlocking for smoking in a stable - not the smartest thing I have ever done. Luckily I gave up the evil weed years ago, so now I can play the smug ex-smoker card whenever possible. It's a bit like being a vegan, but with less broccoli.

What you do, and don't do, in your workshop is entirely at your discretion, obviously @bourbon
But, I am intrigued as to why you would not take photos in the workshop. Is there some aspect
which I am probably unaware of ?

I'm a bit paranoid about showing what's in there. I especially don't post pictures on facebook and other such platforms. If the light fingered brigade don't know what I've got, hopefully they will leave me alone

I'm a bit paranoid about showing what's in there. I especially don't post pictures on facebook and other such platforms. If the light fingered brigade don't know what I've got, hopefully they will leave me alone

Aah... That's fair enough. I hadn't considered that aspect. I do lead a very sheltered life 😂

Back