Smartphone protection while working

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainpk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have not posted for a while :(

After cracking an old phone screen while fixing a heavy duty roof rack to my van, I was wondering if any one used a form of protection while taking their smartphone to the garage/workshop/shed?

I like my phone to have just have a glass screen protector and a bumper. But it does not stop the dust or really hard direct hits. I was hoping for some ideas on pouches that I could use while going to work.

Also, does any one setup a computer in their workshop?

Must admit I use a tempered glass screen protector and a rubber type phone case (armadillo) and don't have any problems.

Otterbox with the screen always pointed inwards towards my leg. If you do buy any of these expensive cases, be careful. They are one of the most counterfeited items going, some very good copies too (especially Otterbox cases).

Unless you've got an iPhone which seem to break relatively easily I'd recommend a uag case (ultimate armour gear case) it's a flexible kinda tough rubber that seems to be really durable. I keep my phone in my pocket and am forever leaning against it or pushing bits of wood whilst ripping. I've never had any damage yet whilst using one. Looks kinda funky too !

Coley

I just put mine in my pocket with the screen against my leg.The only problem I've had is the charging socket filling with wood dust.A previous phone had less good sealing and when I had a charging problem and took the back off in the presence of an electrical engineer of my acquaintance I thought he might injure himself from the extent of his laughter.The phone was working-just full of wood dust.I've never (yet) lost a screen.

Zagg screen protector (a film used on military rotor blades??) and a spigen tough armour case for 5s

Dropped lots of times, the other day it fell from shoulder height (I'm about 6ft) landed screen down, picked it up no cracks nothing

Back