Small Parkside bandsaw, green one, not Scheppach

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the small green Parkside bandsaw?
I offered to set one up for a neighbour but no matter what I did the blade would not stay in the middle of the wheel. Either front or back of tyre but not in the middle.
He had been running it straight out of the box, with no adjustments.
I know I'm expecting a lot but just in case.

Not going to post the rest as you know that already.

This tool will tell all, but then again of course...
You could well be in disagreement that bandwheels should be aligned?

Some folk are of the opinion the upper wheel will do what the lower wheel will tell it.
There's plenty of evidence out there specifically regarding upper wheels with worn bores, yet bearings still in good nick which suggest that that theory is bananas.

Tom

SAM_7225.JPG

Last edited:
I don't believe I ever said the wheels shouldn't be coplanar. I did say I found the Snodgrass video helpful.
Getting the wheels coplanar should not, in my opinion, be part of setting up. It should have been done at the factory.

I don't believe I ever said the wheels shouldn't be coplanar. I did say I found the Snodgrass video helpful.
Getting the wheels coplanar should not, in my opinion, be part of setting up. It should have been done at the factory.
This tool has nothing to do with co-planar wheels though,
the last bit of your comment might likely hit the nail on the head.
Whatta they do if their design doesn't accommodate for this, i.e the motor mounting.

My answer to that is, they either don't align these machines, or are happy to let the lemons out the door aswell.

Most Centauro's don't have that design problem, with an adjustable motor to suit the upper wheel.

Minimax back1.jpg

Tom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back