Slow Motion Workshop WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwibble

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening and welcome to the workshop.

4642470405_605ac8cebc.jpg

Still very much a work in progress but heading in the right direction, mostly thanks to some machinery which will be very familiar to some of you.
Entering on the left we have a BAS315 bandsaw, formerly of Mike.C's parish.
This will probably get moved to the other side and a workbench installed under window. Record vice and Veritas holdfast ready and waiting.

4643084498_6cf1c63b80.jpg

Moving round to the end of the workshop is a Hitachi SCMS purchased along with a circular saw from a second hand dealer Dibs-h recomended. It sits on a stand that originally lived at Corsets's place.

4642472859_80ec769851.jpg

To date I've used it in anger for a laminate floor, and also pushed a 2d frame into the 3rd dimension for a picture my wife made:

4643080556_dae1fee7cd.jpg

Corset himself was round this evening helping me set up the Segwick p/t so many thanks for that.

4643087062_5a74741e47.jpg

Nestled alongside is a powerfull extractor which was a gift from Markwuzere so thanks due their too.

4642469113_6bcbf1dec1.jpg

There are a few hand tools dotted about the place just to complete the picture.

Much work to be done. I'll insulate and board the walls and floor (anyone got a good use for the 4' deep inspection pit?), bring in an electrician to sort me out some extra sockets and some strip lights. And much more I'm sure.

Hope you enjoyed having a look round. I'll keep you posted as it progresses. This may develop in slow motion as I've just moved house and am much engaged with paint rollers at the mo :D

Qwibble":p246dh5k said:
(anyone got a good use for the 4' deep inspection pit?),

jacuzi ? , wine cellar :lol:

more practically if you put in a trapdoor you could use it to store wood

Hi Chad,

Sedgwick, Hitachi, it's nice to see the bandsaw has joined such high class company. I see that you have removed the old fence mounting, but have not replaced it with the new one yet :wink:

I cannot wait until I get my new Axminster as there is a big hole where the 315 used to be.

I note that Marks FOC extractor has also made it over to your place. What a kind and generous gift that is, well done Mark =D>

Thanks for showing us your workshop mate, it's coming along nicely.

Cheers

Mike

Ah yes BAS 315, good bandsaw. I was reassembling it's base for another use this morning. I put the bandsaw on a rollaround cabinet, as I did with all my machines. Best Idea I had. I'm still moving stuff around trying to find the best layout.

Use for the pit -

Put your P/T down there on a hydrolic platform so when you dont need it its out of the way then when you do need it you just press a button and the P/T emerges from the floor, even install a smoke machine to make the entrance more dramatic, smoke swirling and strobes flashing as the P/T emerges from the depths...

more drugs please!

Looks to be a well equipped workshop. I think it's great to see so many workshops being made up from the machines/tools of other members, very communist :)

big soft moose":1pv2q5xf said:
Qwibble":1pv2q5xf said:
(anyone got a good use for the 4' deep inspection pit?),

jacuzi ? , wine cellar :lol:

more practically if you put in a trapdoor you could use it to store wood

Maybe not for wood, as i cant see the temp and moisture down there being all that stable, but it would be a crime not to put a trap door in, you will 100 % find it a useful storage for something

Luke

Lee J":2unbovq2 said:
wizer":2unbovq2 said:
Lee J":2unbovq2 said:
more drugs please!

Or perhaps less?

I meant as in medication not wacky drugs

Shows that you have not been given the right prescription drugs :p . Prescription strength Codine makes me all light headed and the voices in my head start talking about the pretty lights.

Hi,

Nice workshop, but needs more hand tools.

Pete

I'm open to offers on the pit, it's quite long though so it's collection only, you'll need a Merc. Sprinter or similar.

jacuzi ? , wine cellar - nice lifestyle accessories but might not improve the woodworking : )

Trap door - yes definately a good idea, I'll sort something out.

It is a bit damp down their so I think it's not good for wood storage but I'd just love to have the p/t rising up from in Wurlitzer style :lol:

Second hand rocks! I've got quite a good heft of metal for my money.

Bandsaw fence removed, and I need to tap threads in to the table to fit the fence upgrade. I've ordered a tap & die set of Axi so I'll have a go at that soon. Fingers crossed that I don't balls it up!
Nice little mitre fence that Mark gave me completes the picture.

The hand tools are a bit hidden, but admitted too sparse. My birthday coming up so fingers crossed.. So far I've got the workbench hardware and a couple of nice little bits of Veritas hidden away..

That lump of wood on the p/t is the leg of a rough bench I made by hand outside in the snow last Christmas. Glue never set in the cold though so I'm revamping it. Good p/t practise : )

I'll keep you posted.
Q

wizer":1u4u8lk8 said:
Ah yes BAS 315, good bandsaw. I was reassembling it's base for another use this morning. I put the bandsaw on a rollaround cabinet, as I did with all my machines. Best Idea I had. I'm still moving stuff around trying to find the best layout.

Definately thinking along similar lines. Either shop made cabinet, or perhaps just a mobile base from Axminster Thanks Dan!

Back