sliding glass door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazylilting

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there i'm making a sliding glass door with two glass panels one of which needs to slide open. I've been looking for a half decent deal on the hardware.

I need a track on the top with wheels and some form of track on the bottom with wheels. and of course a locking mechanism for the door. Anyone have any ideas? It is about 7 feet long and the same in height.

Thanks in advance

Hafele have by far the largest range of door runners I've seen anywhere. Sugatsune and Ironmongery Direct also sell runners but have a more limited range.

Are the doors internal or external? and are they glass panel or glass with wood frame? Runners for doors of the size you mentioned are likely to be quite expensive because of the weight they need to support.

Phil

Sorry i should of been more specific, it is a wood exterior garden door with glass. I'll have a look at Hafele this evening, i have an account with them but haven't used them as of yet. I find their site very hard to navigate.

I found this site http://www.barrier-components.co.uk/

but want a cheaper source

Back