sip warranty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Weegie

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening folks.

Does anybody know how long the warranty is on the 16"Sip. I can't find anything on their website.

Just found out that it is a 2 year warranty. My machine is finished. Just a constant buzzing noise from the motor. Bought it about 16 months ago. the problem I have is I can't find the receipt.

Quite dissapointed. Haven't used it that much for it to pack in.

If I need to purchase another saw I think I might go for the Scheppach 402. Doesn't seem to be much difference between the SIP and the 402 apart from the motor. The sheppach is 200w compared to the SIP 90w. Does this make a big difference.

If you haven't already done so it would be worth checking the switch. It is a no volt release switch if they get muck inside they buzz and fail to make contact.

Hi Mouse,

I decided to take the machine apart and found a piece of pine was stuck in the motor mechanism that spins round. If that makes sense.

Machine has been cleaned out and is working. Cheers.

Hi Weegie,
Glad you got it sorted.
I take you are talking about the counterbalance as the motor is a sealed unit. I am surprised it didn't blow a fuse.

Back