sip sliding carriage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resale value. He would probably get not far his money back on the fox and instead of paying £300 for an extra that is a high mark up he could have a something that fits exactly.

The worst of both worlds is not a reflection on the saws quality but getting a piece from one section and trying to make it fit another brand could be awkward and fiddly and not help retain the saws value. I don't give a monkeys about the brand.

I don't care what he does. I just gave him another option to think about. Mike was downright rude to me personally for no good reason and I accept his apology.

I have the Fox and have no problems at all with it and have a very simple solution to the amount of space the sliding carriage takes up.

The carriage is supported on three sets of bearings; two at the top and one at the bottom. Each consists of three bearings. If you remove the bottom bearing from the bottom set, it has no effect at all on the operation of the carriage (I use mine a lot) but it does mean that when you want it out of the way you can lift it, move the bottom support off the rail and drop the table so that it folds flat against the side of the saw.

Hopefully this description makes sense but I will try to take a few pics if it would help.

Cheers
Mike

Hi Chems

Thank you very much for the additional photos, they were very helpful. Spoke to SIP this morning and understandably they would not voice any opinion on suitability.

Hi Sawdust

I understand what you say and have in fact now tried it. It certainly solves part of my problem.

Hi guys

I would like to thank everyone for their views and comments. It has certainly assisted me in coming to a decision on whether to buy or not to buy. I have decided to stay with what I have. This post certainly proves in my particular case how useful this forum is.

Cheers
Con

Con Owen":34xal6fo said:
Hi Chems

Thank you very much for the additional photos, they were very helpful. Spoke to SIP this morning and understandably they would not voice any opinion on suitability.

Hi Sawdust

I understand what you say and have in fact now tried it. It certainly solves part of my problem.

Hi guys

I would like to thank everyone for their views and comments. It has certainly assisted me in coming to a decision on whether to buy or not to buy. I have decided to stay with what I have. This post certainly proves in my particular case how useful this forum is.

Cheers
Con

Hi Con,

In the end it is probably your best option. Once you have it set up properly I am sure you will be happy with it.

Thanks Pete

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back