Sims Queen St Westminster London - Hollows and Rounds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clinton1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have not posted here for years, so apologies I've a stepped over any boundaries or broken rules.

I have a 1/2 set of H&R marked with the unusual "Sims Queen St Westminster London" which is in both upper and lower incursive script, as are the 1st owners marks. Set is almost complete. In the mark, Westminster is shortened to West(r) withthe r being superscript.
Original 'identification' is here. http://www.woodworkforums.com/f152/id-p ... mp-142256/

As this set is in very good condition (I bought them as users for fine work) and are almost 200 years old, I am very interested in replacing the odd ones out.
I want replacements for the the #16 R and #10 H (both have the later "Sims, London" stamp), and the #12 R and #10 R (have been replaced with Prestons).
Quality must be good as the rest of the set is G++ or higher.

I would greatly appreciate finding the 'missing originals', and would be able to either:
1. Pay purchase cost and post, or
2. Do a '1 for 1 swap' for the ones in the set I'm trying to replace, and include some Australian timber (which would express my gratitude very well).

And yes.... after a year of online hunting.... I am getting discouraged of ever finding replacements.

Any and all assistance very greatfully received in trying to 'do due respect' to these nearly 200 year old tools.

Clinton
Sydney, Australia

Attachments

• DSC_3749_cr.jpg
    DSC_3749_cr.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 782
Hi Clinton,

I collect planes by Bristol makers so I'm always on the lookout for moulding planes. If I come across the planes you're looking for, I'll let you know.

Plumberpete":p2wj319j said:
Hi Clinton,

I collect planes by Bristol makers so I'm always on the lookout for moulding planes. If I come across the planes you're looking for, I'll let you know.

i have a few bristol wooden plane ext, what type ect you after ill have a dig out and pm you pics if u would like to buy any i wont charge much :)

might have some sims to ill have a look might have what your after.

tobytools

Thanks Toby and Pete.

Anyone that can assist in helping to complete the set is going to have gratitude, as I've been searching and searching to no avail :cry: (hammer)
Thats 'old tools' for you.

tobytools":kcw955hj said:
Plumberpete":kcw955hj said:
Hi Clinton,

i have a few bristol wooden plane ext, what type ect you after ill have a dig out and pm you pics if u would like to buy any i wont charge much :)

might have some sims to ill have a look might have what your after.

tobytools

Hi Tobytools,

I've pm'ed you.

Latest posts

Back