Simon Hope Vacuum Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood spoiler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

This post is for two reasons, one just to say how good it is, and the other how attentive and helpful Simon has been with my chuck.

Anyone thinking of acquiring a vacuum chuck would be delighted with this chuck. I have found it to be a marvellous addition to the "armoury". Whilst it is of necessity a considered purchase I consider it money well spent.

On to the support issues. It was sent through promptly to John Davis, of Stockbridge, where I bought it at his open day.

However, once I got it home I found that the diameter of my headstock was slightly too small for the spindle adaptor. I sent an email to Simon on a Saturday when I knew from his website he was away demonstrating, but by the Saturday night I had a reply and by Tuesday a replacement part. However again due to a peculiarity of my lathe, the cone that fits across the end of the spindle was marginally too wide!

I turned a packing piece which solved the problem, but checked with Simon that I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't. He promptly replied again to say it would be fine. after a short while I had a further reply saying he would rather make me a spindle adaptor that fitted correctly and asked me to confirm measurements.

All replacements were provided at his own cost and extremely quickly. I felt that such outstanding service was worthy of recognition. Most of us are quick to say when things go wrong but i think it is good to recognise and share examples of what goes right.

In light of my experience I would recommend unreservedly.

Colin ,I agree with you 100% why not point out the good people that are helpful !! =D> =D>

Too often it's after severals have had bad experiences that bad trading comes to light.
I dont think it is against forum rules to mention a person who gives good service with his
products, after all the tool manufactures get it all the time.

Thank you

REgards Boysie

Hi guys,

I to feel it is worth mentioning exceptional service as we should let fellow turners know of our experiences, I bought the revolution hollowing system off Mark Sanger
he gave me a lot of help on how to use the tool properly etc. I felt a bit cheeky phoning Mark to ask questions but I found he genuinely wanted to help me.

spasm

Back