Silverline new range

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodywoodwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
Just a heads up - the new silverline catalogue has kreg, bench dog, triton, rockler and magswitch goods in it. As far as I know this is the only rockler supplier in the UK. Don't they sponsor some of the murrican internet guys? Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
Sorry if this is old news, or bad etiquette etc.
Woody

Sorry, afraid mine is a paper catalogue ordered from them. It arrived after a few days, which was good for time of year. I was very pleased with the improvements they have made to the range, the rockler and kreg ranges really are quite large. And great stuff - jig making stuff, extraction stuff for lathes, of course more pocket hole thingys than you could shake a stick at! (Always wanted to say that! :D )
Aahh, the online site has only silverline. If you use their site to order a catalogue you will get the lot, all in the usual size, albeit fatter, catalogue. Sorry, didn't realise.

Highly recommended. Is there not an online catalogue? No, I looked, it seems to be just in their paper catalogue. It's branded 'the toolbook'.
Hth
W

Hi Glynne.

Glynne":1sbe48ba said:
Thanks Neil. That might go someway to make up for the cake episode at Rowan!

I don't think that's possible, you really deserved to have a piece of that excellent coffee and walnut cake.

Glynne":1sbe48ba said:
Have a good Xmas.

And you and your family.

All the best,

Neil

Don't appreciate all this cake talk. Hhmmm. Cake. :cry:
The link Neil supplied is for catalogue ordering, and is where I ordered mine
The rockler stuff is great. And loads of kreg options. Including the foreman at quite an attractive price.

Well i hope their stuff has got better, I bought a silverline grinder a few years ago to finish a job & it lasted just 12 minutes before it burnt out. Is this a record? Never again will ibuy their garbage.

Silverline products are something I try to avoid. All the clamps I have had from Silverline have failed or broken. Cheap, but you always get what you pay for.

Unless it's cake!
Malcolm
Happy Christmas to all

I have bought a few things from them when desperate.
If you start with low expectations and weigh up the risk then they CAN be OK.

I bought an angle grinder for a rush job away from home, its lasted surprisingly well for 3 +years.
I bought a set of router guide bushes that are excellent and a fraction of the prices elsewhere.

I'm rather excited by the prospect of an actual paper catalogue to flick through! Ordered for those occasions when reading material is required...

OK, to clarify, the silverline catalogue now sells kreg, rockler and triton. Not sure if you are familiar with the brands, but silverline (who make good sash clamps but that's about it) don't make them.
Hth
W
PS - and yeah, its great for the throne. :)

woodywoodwood":km4trqna said:
... but silverline (who make good sash clamps but that's about it) ...
I haven't seen their sash clamps. The Silverline products I have seen have typically been low-priced poor quality tat that I have avoided. However I did recently buy a couple of their No 4 planes and have been happy enough with them so far. Sure, something nicer would be ... nicer ... but these work OK and for the money I can't complain.

Do Silverline actually make their own products or are they just branded stuff they buy in? If they buy it in that could explain why some of their products are OK and others are disappointing.

Latest posts

Back