Side table. NOW FINISHED!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to build myself a side table for the living room. I started with some planed timbre and went from there.

glued up the 4 strips to make up the top piece -

sidetable001.jpg

sidetable009.jpg

Drilled the frame pieces for dowel pegs -

sidetable002.jpg

sidetable004.jpg

And then the glue-up -

sidetable008.jpg

Planed the top piece -

18072010038.jpg

18072010039.jpg

Tidy up the frame, fix the bottom shelf and glue and dowel the top on after running the router around the bottom edge -

sidetable013.jpg

sidetable015.jpg

Tidy up the top pegs, plane, sand and now it's finished. The first coat of varnish is just drying.

sidetable017-1.jpg

sidetable016-1.jpg

Should hopefully be able to get some better pictures tomorrow night once it's finished and in the house.

Thanks for looking! 8)

Vaseline with sawdust.......... ouch! :oops: :shock: :lol:

It came out of my toolbox that I'd not opened for ages. I seem to remember having it for the gearbox bearings on my old scooter :?

I must tidy up more! :roll:

looks clean, thinking of having a go at a side table for my second project and i haven't done any doweling yet, did you use a bench drill for that or have you got a cunning method without?! Thanks for sharing

No bench drill yet so I just used a battery drill and a spade bit. I clamped things together and drilled each hole through the 2 sections in one go. Then I numbered everything up so that if they weren't perfectly square then they would still work together ;)

It worked out well 8)

I'd worry about cupping of the top with all the boards the same orientation, but it's an attractive little table.

Back