Shaker Style Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
What's this I hear you ask yourself? Is it really that time of year again?? Has Charley actually made a project?? :eek:

Yes, it's true! I've been busy in the workshop recently. I've got a few projects lined up and I've just finished my shaker style table. It isn't a 100% copy of the shaker original but based on it. Made from oak and finished with a few coats of shellac;

I like that Charley, very nice finish.

Good gloat too Bessey, Festool..... :)
Very clever the way you took the picture whilst turning.

Dom

Charley,

Nice table :D but can we be sure you made it? :roll: No significant amount of dust or shavings in any of the pictures, may be you bought all the parts ready cut and just posed for the pictures with them? :wink:

Very nice table Charley. I would like to make something similar when I have the time too. If I could only stop building things for customers. :lol:

Charley finished a project :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:

I like that Charley, nicely balanced and the feet and stem remind me of a Flash Gorden space ship (old black and white episodes) :wink:

Is it the saem as Norm's?

Hang on - this isn't a collaboration with Waka is it? :lol:
Nice job, Charley - and good to see you in the workshop :D
Philly :D

Thanks for all the comments :) It's the first project I've done in ages but I'm pleased with how it's turned out. I should be starting on my next project at the weekend, so might manage two projects within a month :eek: ;)

tony":l9xnbxzn said:
Is it the saem as Norm's?
Very similar to Norm's, just slightly different legs and column. I actually used pictures of Norm's, one from FWW and another from The Woodworker when I was planning it.

woodbloke":l9xnbxzn said:
how did you make the joint between the legs and central column? - Rob
The legs are joined to the column with sliding dovetails. I used the router table and jig with a handheld router to cut them I'll hopefully be adding it to the projects section with more infomation as soon as I get around to writing it..

Coo, you turn your back on the forum for a moment and Charley posts a project! :shock: Looks good, mon capitaine; always have a soft spot for the old candle stand type 'cos they're so useful.

Cheers, Alf

Nice job particularly the mirror finish.

I keep eyeing that table design (Moser et al) but I'd have to get the centre column turned and our baby would have it over in a trice.

All the best.

Dave :)

Back