Serves him right

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago a Merc driver stopped dead in front of me then opened his door, as I'd just swerved around him on my motor bike I couldn't swing tother way in time, so exit one door.
The old boy was spitting furious, I had nothing to say!!! :oops:

Roy.

Excellent...I wonder what that would have cost him to put right?...methinks a few pennies :shock: as it's a Merc, 'specially in these inflationary times :lol:...rapidly resuming the decorating - Rob

Brian - Brilliant thanks for posting that, I shall retire to bed smiling now :roll:

PS
I used to think 'you tube' didn't really have many uses but every once in a while it proves me wrong :D

Or was it the old lady leaving it till the last second to make up her mind?
Parking's the biggest danger round here, whilst looking over your left shoulder when revering into a space I'll guarantee some old dear will try to pass through the steadily closing gap at the front. All this whilst watching for the young mums who attempt to cross behind you whilst pushing their offspring ahead of them!

Roy.

Sadly, just down the road, an old lady of 86 stepped out round the front of a bus last week and was hit by a car overtaking the stationary bus. He wasn't speeding, but she was killed. Apparently he had no time at all to react - though I think if it was me I would have been thinking that might happen.

An old lady was killed in the next village to me a few months ago. Broad daylight, 1/2 mile of dead straight road, and she stepped in front of a passing car.
But the video reminds me of what happened to me. I was reversing into a parking space in the high street, looking over my left shoulder, as I turned and looked ahead I'd got this elderly lady on the bonnet of the car!
Luckily she wasn't hurt, but her language would have shamed a drill sergeant!

Roy.

Digit":3ci1m4wb said:
But the video reminds me of what happened to me. I was reversing into a parking space in the high street, looking over my left shoulder, as I turned and looked ahead I'd got this elderly lady on the bonnet of the car!
Luckily she wasn't hurt, but her language would have shamed a drill sergeant!

Roy.

But if I understand you correctly, Roy, she walked into the empty space that you were reversing into and didn't see the very large object in front of her slowly moving into the same space? Unless you've got eyes in the back of your head, Roy, can't see that any blame is attributable to you.

My wife said to me "I could imagine you doing that"
I said. "you mean when I get older and slower"

She said "no, now" :) :oops: :roll:

referring to the video

Exactly as you say Rog, but it didn't stop her shouting!

Roy.

Latest posts

Back