Selling used power tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willsie01

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a few old power tools (and a treadmill!) that may be of interest to others. I'd like to sell them but it's been suggested that there are implications selling used electrical items. Clearly as an individual I can't provide any assurances like a PAT test would. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

You just need to put them in the forsale thread with a picture, a price and an honest description and then it is down to a potential buyer to ask any further questions. Do they work, age and then the pictures will tell a lot more, if you think they are just for spares say so but no PAT testing needed.

You just need to put them in the forsale thread with a picture, a price and an honest description and then it is down to a potential buyer to ask any further questions. Do they work, age and then the pictures will tell a lot more, if you think they are just for spares say so but no PAT testing needed.
...or I've had great success selling tools on Facebook Marketplace (has the benefit of usually being local so no postage etc to sort. As said - caveat emptor as far as conditon etc

...or I've had great success selling tools on Facebook Marketplace (has the benefit of usually being local so no postage etc to sort. As said - caveat emptor as far as conditon etc
That cordless saw you sold me is never charged up when I need it!
Can I have a refund!🤣🤣🤣

mmmm, treadmill.........
conveyer belt material for home made thickness sander.........plus vari speed motor......
just an idea....
Another member was considering a treadmill setup for a linisher, was a great idea 💡

Back