Selling up !! for a new life !!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
OK , I have decided to sell up everything over the next year

I have purchased a 45 foot narrow boat and am intending to cruise the 4000 mile system starting 2010 may take 2 to 3 years to complete , so I thought I had better get it done before I get too OLD :shock:

So everything is up for sale

the big bits are

Band Saw Scheppach Basato 5-4 , ( 4 speed ) 2HP 240 volt

JET JPT260 P/T NEW NEVER USED 2hp , 240 volt

Delta Unisaw with some of extras :shock: 3HP

Silverdrive Statesman 2 HP variable speed MONSTER lathe , 240volt

Big square box type dust extractor ( dust only not chip extractor ) 240 volt

Record Power twin motor chip extractor 240 volt

LOADS of hand tools

Sorby pro edge with all the attachments and 10 spare belts

Crusen grinder with 2 ruby and 2 white wheels

Woodcut Tru-Grind Sharpening System , full system with all jigs ( used once )

100 plus woodturning chisels from tiny to HUGE

LOADS of wood and turning blanks

Tormek supergrind 2000 with a std wheel and a blue Microcrystalline ( Peter Childs ) wheel

Tormek jigs

NEW unused Trend Air shield with charger and 2 batteries

MAY list all this on Ebay unless anyone want to make a offer by PM or ring me on 07968 109261

not giving it away and I have a year to sell it all , so

Wish me luck

:lol: :p :mrgreen: :wink:

I salute your sense of adventure!

Does the Trend Airshield have the battery mounted in the helmet or on a belt loop?

Blister, I wish you well and am sure you'll enjoy it. I also feel that if you stay afloat 2/3 years it will go on longer, a lot longer. Several narrow boats have crossed the channel (carefully picking the weather window) and are still cruising the much more extensive European canal network.
Butbefore you sell all your handtools remember just how much maintainance a boat, any boat, takes and how small a volume handtools can be packed into.

Surely if you are going off in your narrow you will need your power tools to earn some beer tokens on your travels. Selling your tools is like cutting your hands off! I went sailing for a year and having my tools meant I didn't have to eat into my savings.
Si
So how much is the P/T?

WELL I NEVER ,,,, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

I will divulge my top narrow boat tip, never try and have a wee over the edge when you have had a few drinks.......... little bit embarrassing being pulled out of the water in a rather undignified state of dress. :shock:

Best of luck, my retirement plan is to buy the biggest winnibago possible and tour America

pm sent.

Good luck with it all - sounds like a pretty radical change :) I would have thought that some of the hand tools would be pretty useful. There have been a couple of boats in reading which obviously do wood working (but pretty "rustic" it has to be said) so there's obviously scope for it...

Miles

Blister":26dya0yt said:
Waka":26dya0yt said:
Blister

When you say sell up and cruise the canals, do you mean continuously?

yes , the house will be sold as well :lol: :lol:

The reason I ask is that having a 50' narrow boat whilst comfortable for longish cruises, I'm not sure that full time living would give adequate space.

Just my thoughts.

Hi Blister

I admire you balls mate good luck to , hope you really enjoy it , love your sense of adventure hope it lasts for ever , mine would be buy the largest mobile camper in the world, big enough for all the family, and well just follow the sun around the globe. as many times as possible , each time round, from a different direction. hc :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, so you beat me to the Unisaw first time round........ :lol:

When you're thinking of selling up, would give me first refusal? I've been after a decent little t/s for a while.

Cheers

Karl

Waka":2p8hcofg said:
Blister":2p8hcofg said:
Waka":2p8hcofg said:
Blister

When you say sell up and cruise the canals, do you mean continuously?

yes , the house will be sold as well :lol: :lol:

The reason I ask is that having a 50' narrow boat whilst comfortable for longish cruises, I'm not sure that full time living would give adequate space.

Just my thoughts.

you could have a point there mate - mind you it depends on what you want and how much space you need - I know a woman who lives permanently on a 35 footer ( tho thats not something i'd fancy)

devonwoody":xcnahmvj said:
Big soft mouse, I would have thought any lady would be satisfied with one that size.

of course its not the size that matters at the end of the day but how you use it

and its moose damn it not mouse :D

Back